Page 1 of 2
Max Engine \  smoking problem help

smoking problem help

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1879
replies 11
following 4

brakeless   +1y
ok so today i started my truck and it wouldnt stop smoking i thought it was just cuz it was cold but that wasnt it i dont no what to do please help thanks alot its coming out of the muffler not the engine
honlude   +1y
What color smoke?
brakeless   +1y
its white smoke and it comes out of the tail pipe
alvey   +1y
check the oil and see if its milky. it could be a head gasket
ryan4dc   +1y
How's it going? Smoke clear up?
brakeless   +1y
i havent checked the oil yet but i do need to change it and the shop put way to much anticooler in the truck i opened the cap and the anticooler was all the way at the top so i took some out and drove it around the block a couple of times and it would only smoke when i was idleing or cruising with the clutch in and then it just stopped smoking so im glad about that i just hopes it stays that way lol thanks for all the advise
ryan4dc   +1y
You mean the shop put antifreeze to the top of the radiator cap or reservior cap? Radiator is supposed to be full and overflow into the reservior. The smoke could still be related to the amount of wafted collected in the tail pipe, cat, and resonator.
ryan4dc   +1y
You mean the shop put antifreeze to the top of the radiator cap or reservior cap? Radiator is supposed to be full and overflow into the reservior. The smoke could still be related to the amount of water collected in the tail pipe, cat, and resonator.
brakeless   +1y
yeah they filled both of them up haha....but i drained it to the full marker....and water or gas comes out of the tail pipe but im not sure if its gas or water what could that be
ryan4dc   +1y
Well, gas has a distinct odor to it, it also evaporates kinda fast. Water buildup is known to happen in all cars, no matter the year/make/model. It's also happens if you have a blown headgasket. If the smoke was only there for a while and goes away then it's most likely condensation. Rainy days and nights, real cold weather. Stuff like that causes it.