threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Need some how- to info!!!!

Need some how- to info!!!!

Max Engine Max Tech
views 933
replies 3
following 3

sallen   +1y
What up fellas! Got a couple of quick questions. My brother owns a 95 mm and I got a 92 and his clutch is soooo much easier to engage than mine. You have to literally have to use all your weight to press the pedal in mine. But on the other hand his truck has all the bells and whistles you can get on the max. Would that be a hydrallic thing or an adjustment? I wish mine were as easy as his to engage. If there is an adjustment can any of you explain a how to for me. We might be trading trucks and he wants the clutch easy like his before trade. Another question my brother wanted me to throw out is his check engine light pops on on occasion. Depending the weather( which is strange) the hotter it is out side the faster it comes on and the cooler it is it either takes longer to come on or does not come on at all. Might be a coincedence or just the truck I dint know. Does anyone no how to kill that pesty little light? Any help would be appreciated. Thank guys
hyphybishi   +1y
well for the clutch mm have a little problem with where u adjust the clutch on the firewall..
where the metal eventually starts to soften meaning everytime u push the clutch all the way down the firewall is getting pulled in..not much of a big problem..its happend to me on the last two i had..an what i did was reinforce the fire wall with 16 gauge metal..have sum one push the clutch all the way down with the truck off an look at the firewall an see if the metal is gettin pushed in.. thats all i really know..that culd be.. good luck...
slow50   +1y
his clutch is probably a little bit easyer because its hydro. but my truck is cable and its pretty easy. easyer then most the cable clutched cars ive owned. ive had this problem on a few different hondas ive owned. what i did was lube up the cable really good and grease everthing that helps alot. it could aslo just be the pressure plate is a stiff one. how old is your clutch? for the check engine light check the codes i dont know how to do it on these trucks but most obd1 cars you can do it your self without a tool. if not most parts stores will check it for you for free. but it sounds like the o2 sensor.
hyphybishi   +1y
ya mines is cable also...an my clutch is perfek its as good as my 04 eclipse...
but ya hope ya find it out..good luck..
Page 1 of 1