Page 1 of 2
Max Engine \  wheres the engine swap page

wheres the engine swap page

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2596
replies 13
following 4

slow50   +1y
i remember reading a whole page with info on engine swaps for these truck but now i cant find it. and is it possible to swap in a non turbo eclipse motor? and has anyone ever swaped in a fuel injected motor in a carburated truck?
ryan4dc   +1y
As long as your talking about the non turbo 4g63 or the 7 bolt 4g64 found in the eclipse spider. Some modification to one of the motor mounts because of the lack of machined bolt holes.

I think your talking about mightyd50 about the thread. Also some galant motors and hyndai motors.
slow50   +1y
ya i think it was on mightd50 there was a bunch of good info about what motor you could use and about wide block and narrow block and about 6 or 7 bolt. some one has to have saved that or something.
ryan4dc   +1y
The site is still there and can be viewed by anyone. Just gotta link to general chat instead of going to the main page and gotta ignore the warning. It's not updated but still useable. Going to turbo your truck? Moving the engine forward is better incase something breaks. Easier to work with more room and the budget isn't that much more from what I here. I used the same fuel lines feed and return to convert to fuel injection. Just had to add a pump and a fuel pressure regulator to clear the new location of the tb.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Yes, you can put in an n/a 4g63 same as you would a turbo 4g63, just a few less things to have to mess with., and FI into carb'd vehicle is no problem as long as you have wiring harness and all the fuel management stuff from the FI vehicle.

To get 4g63 in your truck you need a 5 speed(KM132) tranny from a 87-89 2.0 truck. Engine along with wiring harness for it and ECU, all sensors for the engine, shorten/lengthen some wires in harness, run a power to ECU, make some motor mounts to move engine forward or beat in firewall. Along with some other things. Any more questions just ask, getting ready to do a Turbo 4g63 swap in a month or two hopefully.
qballd50   +1y

You Know That your Comp. Will get Infected if you go through the back door, Baha was saying somthing about it in another post, i'll try to find it!!
qballd50   +1y
Quote By Baha

Guys I know there is a lot of good information there but please don't go through the back door, that site was shutdown by GoDaddy.com, it's not just the front page it's the whole site that contains the virus!

I would only visit if you are using a linux machine lol

This Is What Baha Said^
ryan4dc   +1y
Good to know. I'm hardly home to use the computer and really only use my phone. So far so good.
slow50   +1y
thanks for the info. my carbed 2.0 runs like garbage i even have a weber on it but i dont know anything about carbs so i was thinking of swaping it out for fuel injected motor. ive seen the non turbo eclipse motors for cheap but now that i think about it if im gona do all that why not just go turbo. i have a 88 d50 so my tranny will work with that motor? i dont know if its wide or narrow block.
slow50   +1y
you guys that have done turbo swaps should do a build page of your trucks to help people like me out.