Max Engine \  EGR Problems on L200 4G63 Engine

EGR Problems on L200 4G63 Engine

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1439
replies 4
following 3

009jim   +1y
hi guys
This is my first post here. I've got a 1984 Mitsubishi L200 which is the Aust version of the D-50. It has the 2 litre gasoline engine. My engine is pinging badly. The EGR opens if I connect a tube to it and I can easily suck the valve open. I've taken it off and cleaned it out with throttle body cleaner and made sure the passage through the valve is clear. Now I'm starting to wonder if the vacuum line which controls the valve is faulty. Anyone had experience of this happening? could the port from the carburettor by clogged? How would I clean this? The tube actually plugs onto a flexible 3 outlet thingo. One of the other outlets is for the vacuum advance and I think that is working ok (not really sure though except engine seems to pull fine - except for pinging). So anyway guys what can you suggest I do next.
qballd50   +1y
Welcome To the Site Man!!
On the Problem Your Having Right now, I don't have a clue with the 2.0l But i will make sure that this thread will stay up on top till you get your answer!!!
qballd50   +1y
bump
ryan4dc   +1y
Try checking vac with a gauge at the vac port to the egr. I think Payrion had 5.9 inhg to the egr port. Pinging is lean, is it not? Could be the jets are restricted if it is lean, throw some Seafoam in the gas tank with a full tank. hope everything works out.
009jim   +1y
hey all
I got my GF over on sunday and had her sit in the car and keep the engine revved at 2500 rpm. I pulled the vac hose off the carburettor and I plugged on a longer one. I got my can of throttle body cleaner and I sprayed it down the hose into the carburettor while the engine was revved. There is definitely vacuum there but my next move is to test the vacuum. I need to buy a vacuum gage now.
Page 1 of 1