threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Truck won't idle. Looking for options or direction.

Truck won't idle. Looking for options or direction.

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2413
replies 8
following 3

ryan4dc   +1y
Well, 4g63 turbo motor is in, good fuel, spark there. She starts with quarter throttle and I can rev it up, let go of throttle and car dies. Fuel pressure up to 45 psi w/o vac so it's good. Avcr watches injector duty cycle and shows 87%. No datalogger, did not connect diagnose port but it's a 90. Ordered new throttle body gaskets because I think I might have goofed making one yet. First time making a bad one. Intercooler is connected and solid connections except for the maf. Connections are correct and power and grounds to computer are where it should be. I'm thinking I'm flooding the engine with gas but not too sure if the injector duty cycle is where it should be. Any thoughts?
qballd50   +1y
I Have No Clue With the Turbo Motors But I Will Keep It Up At The Top Of the List 4 Ya!
fubar4774   +1y
Wish I could help but it sounds like its probably a wiring or sensor probably which I am not to good with. You said you don't have a good connection on your maf? I would start there and make sure to keep updated and surely you will figure it out.
ryan4dc   +1y
Thanks for the bumps. I'm starting with the throttle body gaskets, takes a week from dealer. After that, ima
Prop the throttle open with a screwdriver and spray carb cheaner around the manifold. I hope it's not the manifold. Coolant topped off and does raise with running the truck. Then ima check the cas if it's mounted upsidedown, pickup 180*. It's sandwiched between firewall and head. Still can reach the boots to adjust timing. Maf is propped on and wedged in place from radiator. Runs a little rough and but smooths out with rpm, rpm never raised past 1500 rpm. Loud.
ryan4dc   +1y
Signed up on a local dsm forum. My spark plugs 1 and 4 are black. Either not firing or injectors are flooding the cyl cause stuck open or something. Got me an extra coil pack out of a 1991 talon but wiring is only 3 wires, not 4 like mines. Going wire the new one up for a 90.
ryan4dc   +1y
4g63t intake manifold question. Egr port is capped, and welded closed. Why does this port go into the head?
ryan4dc   +1y
Update: I got the truck to idle. She doesn't idle good but it idles. Hooked up my noid lights, injector 1 was wierd. Of had a hard time starting and flashed, flashing is good. Hooked it up to injector 2 and started like it does, no flash this time means no injector pulse. Same with injector 3, no flash. Injector 4 did the see as 1. So the reason 1 and 4 were black was because I was only running on 1 and 4 and needed a lot of gas to get it to idle. Backprobed the computer and it wasn't giving a ground signal. Moved the computer so I could get to pin 52 for injector 2 and started to run like a champ and stalled when I let go the computer. So I bit*h slapped the computer and it idled okay, the fack that it idled was great. Messed with the biss screw and fuel pressure and am now able to drive it.

Fan still needs to be wired up, also sprung a coolant leak near the firewall I gotta hunt down. And fix the wiring to the avcr to completly rid me of the idle issue.
ryan4dc   +1y
Guess I didn't bump this thread in a while. Replaced tb gaskets with new from the dealer, cleaned the tb biss port as well as the fast idle port, found the coolant leak and fixed. Idles pritty good. The coolant leak was from the heater pipe fitting on the thermostat housing. Put a runner cap and hose clamp but diddnt push the firewall back far enough to clear the fitting itself. Had to move the engine forward by removing the drivers side engine mount, trans mount (2 bolts), prybar the waterneck to push the engine forward a wopping 1/2 inch and remove the fitting. Replaced the water fitting with a 3/8 plug I got from home depo. So far so good. Holds boost and idles good. Repaired today and had to touch the biss screw twice because of the temp change of the engine.
fubar4774   +1y
Good deal, glad you figured it out.
Page 1 of 1