Page 1 of 2
Max Engine \  motor swap questions

motor swap questions

Max Engine Max Tech
views 3427
replies 15
following 4

ryan4dc   +1y
Was going to aak a few questions so instead of posting multipule threads, just bunch em up.

Coolant line question: what kind of pipe do you guys use for the extension pipe from the rear of the motor to the front if you don't plump the thermostat housing to the front?

Trans question: the book is unclear on procedures on changing fluids, so new fluid, how much and which bolt is the fill bolt?

Had a couple more but as I forgot. More questions as I progress.
qballd50   +1y
What Engine Size Are You Wanting to know about!
2.0l
2.4l
2.6l

Trans. - Is It Auto Or Manual
ryan4dc   +1y
4g63t rwd m/t
Most everythings ready, just gotta figure out coolant lines and how to put in trans fluid. Fuel lines are going to be stock fuel return with steel braided after pump for pressure. Wiring I getting from hotrodcoffeeshop. Things bityering me at the moment
ligo   +1y
I used steel 1".

There is a fill bolt on the side or you could fill it through the shifter.I believe 2 quarts.
ryan4dc   +1y
Thanks, I can get this from home depo, right? Motor coming out today and bolting up to the trans. Going back in maybe sunday. Tomorrow don't got the time cause other job and only got 2 hours availible between jobs today. Anything you guys use to get bends without greasing the hoses? Saw this spring at a local shop that you coil arround hoses. Looking for a review for the oil return and heater hoses. Don't need heater in Hawaii.
ryan4dc   +1y
Forgot to ask which weight oil too. Sorry.
ligo   +1y
Stainless tubing would be preferred.

I us 80/90w.
ryan4dc   +1y
Thanks for the quick replys. Got my waterneck from ford, mitsubishi dealer kinda junking with ford at the moment. Don't thing it will be perm but we'll see. New gasket, with old thermostat. Home depo only bass brass, copper, and galv pipe. Can I use any of these as a sub or still recomended stainless steel? Problems with any of them?

Oh and second attempt centerforce clutch, second time wrong size. Going with a
Different manufacture. Promised tomorrow. I'll see how that goes.
ryan4dc   +1y
Also my heater hose, at the moment I have them connected together as a bypass. It kinda sticks out a bit past the waterneck. Should I replace with plugs?
evlb2k   +1y
4 my clutch iv used the standard vr4 flywheel and preasure plate and standard l200 clutch plate, holds the power mint, iv put it down the strip and it dont slip. u dont have to spend big money trying to find a clutch that will fit