Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Diesel Turbo problem.

Diesel Turbo problem.

Max Engine Max Tech
views 867
replies 2
following 2

rednec_d   +1y
Hey i am soo close to finishing my diesel swap. I only need to figure the waste gate acuator, hookup clutch, and put dash bezels back in. Well i have an issue, i got a waste gate acuator from a guy on mightd50.com and it works but it wont seem to hook up. I lengthed it out to fit but it wont move it. I found the issue and found another. The acuator actually pulled the turbo away from the exhaust manifold showing that two nuts were missing from the previous idiots. Well i will try to dexcribe what i am seeing and thinking here.

The lever that move the waste gate starts at the 6 o'clock position and move counter clockwise to the 5 o'clock position. From what picture show me is it should move from the 7 to the 6 o'clock posistion. I looked and looked and didn't see a way to pull it out and move it. I don't wanna force it and break it. This truck just had the waste gate wired open when i got it so i don't have a clue in this area. Also i need to figure a way to make a vacume line from nothing. It needs to go from the intake to the acuator. What i have now doesnt seem to provide enough vacume to even twitch it. Any help guys i would appreciate, or if you guys know a more knowledgeable being then show them this please.
rednec_d   +1y
anybody?
ryan4dc   +1y
maybe the actuator is for a smaller/different turbo. Does it still work? Try to apply pressure to the actuator and see if it opens the wastegate. Don't apply too much pressure though. Also I don't know too my h about desiel engines but there is no such thing as vacuum since the is no throttle plate. Try to drill I to one of your intercooler pipes and thread in a nipple that can apply pressure to the wastegate.
Page 1 of 1