Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Starion Motor

Starion Motor

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2209
replies 7
following 6

doordrgnd50   +1y
Currently I have the 2.6 motor in my 87D50 (5 speed, carb). I have been seeing posts that people have done the Starion Motor swap into the D50. What years of the Starion car should I look to get a motor from? Does it bolt up to the existing motor mounts? Does it bolt up to the existing transmission and will it work efficiently with the current trans?

Anything else I should know about doing the swap?
whatisit   +1y
Not positive on the tranny, but it should bolt right up. It is the same block. Look for starion/conquests '87-92, however I have heard to stay away from the early models 87 88 possibly 89 because of some sort of problem, not sure what. try this site for more info on the 2.6 turbos.
sideshow   +1y
go for the JZ Starion, they r the only model that came out with the 2.6l turbo, the rest were 2l. would be interesting to drop the whole driveline in coz they r irs too.
pure insanity   +1y
ok, im a starion fan as well and own 3 of them. there was only 83-89 here in the states. all was 2.6 turbo motors with some different stuff along the way but all the same motor. stay away from the 83 and the 86. these two years had some really wacked out systems. 87 88 89 are the years to look for. 87 is just fine but 88-89 is the top of the line.

for more info come look around the starquestclub.com site.

whatisit   +1y
Yeah I was confused on my years. Sorry about that. Just stating what I knew==that the blocks were the same. I knew they were certain years to stay away from. Thanks p.i. !
Onefastvr4   +1y
Any starion motor with the 2.6 turbo will bolt up and line up to the mounts and to the tranny.
rimtucker   +1y
Just wondering one person recommends the 87,88, and 89 and another says to stay away from them. Whats the deal pickle?
whatisit   +1y
Stay away from the 83 and 86s. I was just confused on my years a few posts back. 87 88 89 is what you want to look for.
Page 1 of 1