Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  alternator problems

alternator problems

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2013
replies 9
following 8

baggedd-50   +1y
i'm runnen 1) battery and 1) 45 amp alt. to power 2) 450 viairs and a 200 watt amp. and i'm killen it. where can i find a higher amp alternator for my 1985 D-50. or how to hook up a 2cd alternator.
vidraggin   +1y
Check your local Advance or Autozone. They would be my first choice in who to ask. I had trouble on my 94 with just 1 450 and my amp killing my truck. I always had to remember to park on a hill. LoL
anonymous   +1y
The highest available alternator you can get for a mighty max is a 75watt alt.

Go on google and type in mighty max alternator you should get something. I think they cost around 150-175 bucks.
baggedmitsu   +1y
i ran an eclipse alternator on my truck...i dont know if it made a difference really or not but it was bigger. and it looked really cool once i got it polished.
doordrgnd50   +1y
Did you ever find out the size of your alternator? I just bought a D50 and curious in case i run into these problems. What year eclipse? Remember what size motor is came from? Did it bolt up directly or did you have to fab new mounts?
dragaholic   +1y
I work for advance and we dont offer any high outputs for a mitsu/d50. However I believe we do for a eclipse I will check tomorrow. If so I am gonna run one of those or have mine rebuilt to put some power out.
whatisit   +1y
i know this'll sound really stupid, but make sure your belt is really tight. 1st year after my mitsu was finished I kept having electrical problems and it turns out that I wasn't tightening the belt enough and it was slipping on the pulley, thus not spinning fast enough to keep up the charge. boy, did it feel tight because I know they say not to over tighten them ,but apparently it wasn't enough. They actually slipped so much they would heat up and cause the belt to snap, funny thing is it never made any kind of noise. I went through a lot of belts that year, at the most unopportune times too. But my pulleys are chrome plated and that also might have had something to do with it. I ended up having to grind out the chrome plating in the groove of the pulley to fix mine for good.
dragaholic   +1y
I looked it up today and I mitsubishi eclipse outs 90 amps compared to the mighty max's 45 so thats double. I am gonna run one which year was youres Ernie and did it bolt straight up?
dragaholic   +1y
A 95 2.0 is the same, I am adding one to mine!
pure insanity   +1y
the alternator from a mazda is the same unit we use. you can use a alt from a starion/conquest, but i dont recomend it coz its only 65 amps and they want a fortune for it. like 140$ its not very complicated to fab up a set of brackets for a g.m. alt. its what i run on the starions. avaiable on every parts store and only like 40-50$ to have it rebuilt.
Page 1 of 1