threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  How to turn Check Engine Light off.

How to turn Check Engine Light off.

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1547
replies 2
following 3

dragaholic   +1y
Hey guys wasnt sure if you all knew this trick but if youre check engine light comes on in youre mitsu "2.4 liter" where youre gauges are pop the black cover that exposes the screw to the gauge cover on the right side and reach youre finger back in there, there will be a switch turn it the other way, every time it comes on "every 50k" just turn it the other way. Hope this helps some of you who are tired of looking at that light. LOL
Justin
anonymous   +1y
I know in my 95 there is a little black pannel that snaps off of the dash near the steering wheel column, and then there is a on and off switch in there (looks like a light switch, kind of).

Dont know if the different years have different methods or not, but it sounds to me they are different.
pure insanity   +1y
i just did some work on an 87, the light had been on for like 10k miles and i tried the good ol flip switch method but no good. i got to reading in the manual from haynes and it says that if you are resetting after i think 125k, to remove the bulb. took out the bulb and sure enough the light is out now. lol
Page 1 of 1