my drift m&m

Max Projects
views 4708
replies 9
following 5

steve-0   +1y
well here it is.
cut it short here.
plan was to put a 1jzgte twin turbo motor in.
freind convinced me to throw in a 5.3 vortec v8.
ive allways wanted to put that engine insomething ever since ive seen some awesome vids on youtube.

anyways scored myself a pretty clean 5.3 vortec out of a 02 tahoe.
came with a few things. but it super clean. had the better version of the coil packs. recently for christmas i bought a ls1 intake mani and injectors for pretty cheap.
now im just sorceing parts like the accessories and t56, need the harness and ecu.

anyways the truck is an 89 got a killer deal on it for 300$ halfway running. after spending some money on it found out the engine was bad. sold the parts i bought for it to run, sold the motor. cleaned up the engine bay.

my suspention is going to be just tempo. as it sits it has 5 inch drop block on the rear. and cut the front springs way to much. 3 oils insted of 2 because i want it LOW...
plans for rear back half 4link with coilovers. front will have to be upgraded to 240sx crossmember, ps, moddified super angle steering knuckles. 5 lug front, ford explorer 8.8 rear end. wheels ive been wanting to do the mustang rep wheels 17x10 front 18x10 rear.

anyways pics.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

the current wheels came on the truck with those size tires. just money issues with trying to get my daily driver running comes first.
but as it sits with the motor would be that way for a while till enough money the other mods ive been wanting.

enjoy fellas
slow50   +1y
bad ass. you should post this build up on hotrodcoffeeshop.com
gringo3825   +1y
You should cut your build time down and ditch the FI and go carbureted. Has been proven on many occasions to produce more power then FI. plus you don't have to deal with an ecu then tuning it. Summit sells a kit for this setup.
steve-0   +1y
nah im going to stick with the fuel injection.
im going to be getting this truck sideways at about 70-100mph constantly and i dont want to have to worry about fuel starvation.
plus i can get 400+ easy with just a few bolt ons

plus build time is cut in half anyway since the harness is going to be stripped off unnesessary wiring and such. plus it doesnt bother me, i need something to do since i sit around all day waiting for money and shiiiit
gringo3825   +1y
Cool deal your in houston, hah, we are practically neighbors. Can't wait to see this build rollin.
qballd50   +1y
Sweet!
Looks like a really good Project!!
Now you gotta post up some pictures after you get it running of it drifting!
steve-0   +1y
yo gringo- totaly forgot to update my profile. currently move back to dallas. was in houston for work, work got slow. moved back. (orig from dallas)

but yes should be hoping for pics when even driving lol
gringo3825   +1y
Hah, that's funny, I am actually heading up there tomorrow to pick up a bike for a buddy of mine. Cool deal, hope to see it rolling soon. I am not starting my project till after we find out if we are moving or not. basically in July. Then the build will begin. SRT-4 D50.
qballd50   +1y
Here IS Some Info On Another Drift Mighty Max
I'm Sure You Have Seen It!
cyrus   +1y

Page 1 of 1