Page 1 of 2
Max Projects \  1986 D50 in Dally

1986 D50 in Dally

Max Projects
views 4314
replies 11
following 3

92slammedmitsu   +1y
pretty clean ...what are your plans for it?
hamstrung2   +1y
It's clean looking from 50 feet out--but she is actually rusty and has grime and red oklahoma dirt in everything...on everything. Rode hard and put away wet to rot. I need a power washer and an army.

I am going with my old family feed store/ratroddish look. I am suffering daily on the plans for the rear suspension--->I don't want to put the bags over the diff. I want to keep the factory thick ass,round crossmember.
I came up with a design last year and I am going to abandon it. Two link or triangulated four...but there's no room. My thought is a two link with stabilizing contraption.
I already cut out the spare tire member, cut out the gas tank&mounts. A notch...round with a funny slant. A spun alum tank. I have alum diamond plate...gonna do the entire floor with dynamat then plate.
I already have busted bucket seats from a 80 D50--gonna re-do the white with black and yellow.
Got a Weber carb. I like Z71s but everyday CL offers so many stockers to fit.
I took the bed skirts off--it looks kida cool with a 'half bed'.
Gonna keep it retro MOPAR with a 500 steering wheel and a TUFF horn button--got for $20.

And of coarse a Texas Shiner bock them...I have a Shiner Bock draught pull on the shifter.
thread post photo
hamstrung2   +1y
Owe I forgot the best part! Bob Grant made me tail light fillers!
thread post photo

I have a third from my Frontier and cab lights from a 1936 Dodge two ton.
hamstrung2   +1y
I have some 71 Dart Swinger side mirrors. I am going to cut off-shorten the frame. My thought is a tilt/dump. No matter what I do I will never ever paint the tailgate....It has such intense personality....patina and rustic quality you can't buy.
I'm in the process of replacing the carrier bearing this month.
thread post photo

The rear bumper had to weigh 250 pounds...the truck sprung up two inches when I took it off!