Page 1 of 1
Ranger Audio/Interior \  shaved door kit in, driver's side not working as well

shaved door kit in, driver's side not working as well

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 1546
replies 5
following 3

rhodyranger   +1y
I put my SPAL 35lbs shaved door kit in this week and my driver's door isn't poping as well as my passenger side is.

At first it was barelly working so I changed my ground to bare metal beneath the carpet with a self tapping screw and put some dialectric grease on the selenoid. It helped enough to make it work all the time but still not as good.

I don't know if it has to do with me extendeding the wire to the brain for the drivers side because it's in the passenger airbag area. Any ideas what it could be?
scrp1day   +1y
its a long shot but when you extend the wire you degrade the circuit and the current drops but just a couple feet shouldnt drop it that far. check to make your relays arent sticking at all
dranged1   +1y
make sure you have a relay, to up the voltage to the poppers.
scrp1day   +1y
you have to have relays^ he may just have weak ones
rhodyranger   +1y
I think I figured it out. It's not the kit, or my wiring, (SPAL's relays are located inside the brain) its the door latch. I hit it with some silicone spray and it opens way easier but then it wears off... I don't know what to use that won't wear off.

Don't need the worry too much right now, THe truck is at a buddies shop in primer and it getting blocked this week and should be in paint on sunday. It's been a LONG weekend but I should have progress pics and hopefully finished pics up in a few weeks.

ps. I'm doing all the work, that's why it's been a long weekend
scrp1day   +1y
try some axle grease that stuff never dries.
Page 1 of 1