threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Audio/Interior \  shaved doors on daily?

shaved doors on daily?

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 1471
replies 6
following 4

rhodyranger   +1y
I'm really close to painting the truck and I still can't figure out if I want to shave the door handles. At first I thought it wouldn't pass inspection then a few guys told me it would be fine. I think I'm going to use the SPAL 40lbs kit but I'm worried about the selonoids freezing up here in Rhode Island. I saw that godfather customs sells a manual backup for $20 I'm deffinetly planning on getting that, has anybody had any experience with it? So should I shave them or not? How likely is it that I'll have problems with them?

this would be a no brainer if I didn't drive the truck everyday but if I don't end up doing it now I'll end up doing it down the road sometime, until then I guess I can paint the handles...
baha   +1y
You shouldn't really have any problems with the spal solenoids because they have a protective boot to prevent moisture getting into the solenoids. The Auto loc solenoids don't one so you may have trouble with seizing in the future unless you mount them horizontally. I made that mistake on my truck. I do not drive it daily anymore but for about 2 years of use I only ran into problems a couple times. I installed the manual back up kit so I could still get in, so as long as you have that you will be fine man. Let me know if you need any help installing the kit, but it's pretty straight forward

PS I got your message I'll let you know about the wheels after I get home from work
scrp1day   +1y
i have shaved handles on my daily adn i will tell you ive had a couple problems. i have had them feeze and straight seize. i also had a bad relay which was the my fault. once i went back adn rewired the solenoids and lubed them with di electric grrease ive been good to go. i have the manual back up kit as well so no worries. if it is your daily and you live in a cold climate get the back up and you will have little to no problems. i lived in norfolk va and only had them freeze once but my remote start warmed them up and they popped a couple of minutes later. another trick is to instal a window module for your power windows so if they stick and the manual snaps your windows go down and you can then get in. just remeber with custom comes custom problems. but as baha and bodydropped85 will tell you and i will too go spal and avoid any headaches! autoloc sucks as!
baha   +1y
Auto loc doesn't suck, you just have to spend a little more time to set up your pull cable instead of just mounting the solenoid right underneath the latch that's all.
rhodyranger   +1y
Alright I just bought the SPAL kit shipped 3day air via fedex on e-bay and the emergency door popper from godfather customs. How long does this take to install? I need to have it in and bodywork done by next sunday in time for paint.
thetornado   +1y
i have mine shaved and its a daily. all the wiring will take you a couple of hours as long as you have done basic wiring before and can read directions. haha
then the body work took me probably about 5-6 hours at least.
i have the manual relase popper also, definately a good investment, i have had to use it mulitple times...
rhodyranger   +1y

sounds like I'm going to have my work cut out for me, hopefully I can get ahold of my neighbor so I can borrow his welder...
Page 1 of 1