Page 1 of 1
Ranger Audio/Interior \  solenoid lube?

solenoid lube?

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 1915
replies 9
following 4

scrp1day   +1y
ok my solenoids in my doors stick every now and again and im getting pissy about it. i lubed them with wd-40 oout of sheer aggrevation. i was told that maybe using axle grease would be my best bet cuz it never dries. anyone know what is best? new solenoids are not an option right now either!
bodydropped85   +1y
dielectric grease. i would try that, wd 40 is poo cept for rusted tools. also check your ground connection. were is it grounded to?
96rangerxlt   +1y
yeah had door poppers on my ranger even back when i drove it every day. sometimes it would seem like the solenoid would stick but it was a bad ground. i could tap on the door where the solenoid was and it would open.
scrp1day   +1y
no i know it is not the ground. i got in there and checked it first thing. i snaded all the paint and primer off of my ground spot. if i tried to manually operate the solenoid it wouldnt budge. i actually had to ram a screwdriver on top of it to get it to plunge. where can i get that dielectric grease?
bodydropped85   +1y
parts store. sounds like its time for a new one. steal the one from the passenger door if you have to.
scrp1day   +1y
the passenger one sticks too! i cant decide what solenoid to get though. i know you said spal is the best but ive seen others with the rubber boots too. any new stuff about solenoids?
scrp1day   +1y
hey james i used the di-electric grease and it was friggin awseome! thanks so much! they pop smooht and quiet now like brasnd new!
bodydropped85   +1y
go9od deal. i :HEART: dielectric grease
scrp1day   +1y
i do too now!!
speedster93b   +1y
i know this is old, but, what kind of poppers do you have? i have 35lb autoloc solenoids, and they are doing the same thing. i called autoloc and under warranty i got 2 new ones shipped for around $80.
think i'll try the dielectric compound on my old ones!!
Page 1 of 1