Page 1 of 2
Ranger Audio/Interior \  temple of bass

temple of bass

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 2373
replies 10
following 6

tiger   +1y
Finished my other project for the Ranger, a second 12" sub. I still need to mount the pedalstal to the box, but it's done. It's a 12" DVC sub, I got the second one for free, so I went ahead and threw it in the truck. One day I might switch the DVCs out for a pair of SVCs so I can get even more power, but for now, it's loud and tight as I want it.

(copy and paste if need be)
dwarfranger   +1y
looks awesome!
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
nice.. looks great! Tiff's got 4 doros on her 4x4 so i was trying to figure out sumthing cool and interesting to do for a stereo back there and get rid of her cheap 10" Rockford Sub and Shitty Sony Amp!
daweezi   +1y
that looks real clean tiger
bodydropped85   +1y
tite
tiger   +1y

yeah, my mom has a sedan and my dad has a supercab F150, so I didn't need to seats anymore, lol. I can highly recommend the stuff I got, not too terribly expensive, but sound great. A few here have heard it, with just one sub, and it's better now. While I like how it looks, a fibeglass enclosure would look so much better and more custom....maybe one of these days I'll go somewhere and have something made.

If you need the dimensions of anything, I can give them to you. The box is just under 1 cubic foot sealed. I made it so that it rests under the lip on the back wall, and on top of the ledge on the back, with the pedalstal to make it sit even. To run the amp rack like I did, you have to cut some material off teh back wall and cover at least the top portion with some material to cover up the hole.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y

nice.. i used to do some work @ car audio shop back in ohio, i've made and designed all the sub enclosures that i've had in my ranger(6 so far i think) and still got another one up my sleeve for after i get a lil further ahead and i may just use my pair of 12's and my downfiring box i have in ym truck in Tiffs cuz im upgrading everything in my splash when i get to that point... Keep it up!
tiger   +1y
lol, my subs are too pretty to hide in a downfiring box....

how good are you at fiberglass? cuz orlando or whereever you're at isn't too far....
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Ive done my share... its faily easy to do and very strong if you brace it right b4 u lay the fleese. and make sure you put down even coats of resin it will be rock hard and then shape w/ sum 36-80grit then fill your pots w/ sum lightweight body filler and your good to go, my roomate did the box in his TB by himself and has been buggin me to redo it along with his door panels cuz he got to lazy to actually fully smooth them out and has high and low spots all over the place! I plan to glass my doors w/ som 6.5" speaker pods and smooth my dads when i re-do my interior and stereo after the bags, front end swap, and paint.
scrp1day   +1y
looks great man. i like my the looks of the subs too ur right they are too good lookn for a downfire.