threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Audio/Interior \  sound system help?

sound system help?

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 2416
replies 11
following 3

dflated19   +1y
ok I have a 95 ranger REG cab. i plan to go with 2 subs, 1 amp, 2 speakers. (nuttin special) for the subs i plan to run JL audio 10W1. teh speakers im runnin pioneer 6 by 8 3 ways in teh door panals. for the amp. a MTX 4 channal ( ). wut u all think of that. i dont want anyhitng great. i am also on a serious budget.
dwarfranger   +1y
i would just go with an amp and sub package from crutchfield they have some good stuff cheap. i also would go with some components and amp them seperately if you dont you wont be satisfied. you could probably do it all for less than $800.00 and just put the stuff in yourself. you would be much happier than with what your talking about.
scrp1day   +1y
yeah what dwarf said. just make sure your radio has 2 sets of preouts before you start dumpin money on speakers. and before james jumps in.... drop it first, trust me!
dflated19   +1y
i want a system for under 500
dflated19   +1y

amp for the speakers

speakers:
dwarfranger   +1y
i would rather go with the rockford single 12 than the audiobahn but for the money thats not bad , but i would rather go with these speakers and amp trust me you wont be happy with coaxals plus if you want with the other amp you can power front and rear speakers. whatever you do dont get sony those amps are way overrated and overheat very easily but for the most part power is power. if you dont want the 4 channel option they have a 65watt x2 profile for 79.00 and dont worry about the speakers fitting crutchfield sends all the brackets. also dont forget the wiring kits for the amps..............

all said and done with wiring kits and free shipping you have a system for 563.00 and all you have to do is build a box and install everything. if you cant build a box you can get one for 100.00
dflated19   +1y
is 500 pretty good for a lil system. shud i check out ebay? and whats ur opinions on used car audio?
dwarfranger   +1y
my opinion on both ebay audio and used audio is DO NOT BUY!!!!!. there are alot of ebay horor stories. so anyway your budget cant budge? cause if you go with what i told you from crutchfield you will be very happy with the results and its only 65.00 more. plus they take care of their customers. With anything you order you get full detailed instructions and install kits, and if thats not enough to get you through the install they have a free tech line. i dont know if you've ever done your own car audio but it really is easy to do dont be scared. you will save alot of money doing your own installs.
dflated19   +1y
good call....and yes this is my first time. alright heres what i got.
subs.....the sub amp package i showed u before.

amp for speakers
dwarfranger   +1y
Looks good for the mids and highs. now i know you want the audiobahns but i would advise aginst them becasue they are not made well and generally audiobahn products dont sound that good. if i were you i would go with the 1 12 rockford its the same amount and you will get plenty of bass from it. i have the rockford in my xtended cab and it thumps. also while your waiting to get your stuff i would watch the install videos on crutchfield.com they tell you how to install everything. also dont forget the speaker wire. I would get 50ft. of 14gauge for your components and 5ft. of 11gauge for your sub/subs.this is a little much but trust me its always better to have more than less.
I have a tip for you too when running your power wires run them through the rubber boot in the firewall youll see it that way you wont have to drill. also run the power wires on one side of the truck and your speaker wires on the other so you dont get any distortion. power-Left side speaker-right
Also dont forget your connectors and crimper so you can strip and crimp the wires together here are the links........

if you have any questions just ask on here and ill help you.