Page 1 of 1
Ranger Audio/Interior \  System in reg cab 2002

System in reg cab 2002

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 1919
replies 9
following 3

86yota   +1y
OK right now i have a 6x9 in a box and a 10" Pioneer behind the seats, with my amp on the cabwall. Can anyone post pics of their systems in a reg cab. I think I am about to put a 12" in there instead of the 10" if i get a bigger amp. Will i have room?
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Id suggest either 1 quality 10 or 12 with a big box for the airspace... or a blow thru... I prefer 10's in a reg cab due to the room inside them and 12's in an excab cuz you have the room. If you were to do a blow thru.. a pair or 4 12's would be killer!
86yota   +1y
whats a blow through. you mean a cut through???? like cut the cab wall and bed. no cuttin here on this truck. i want to do 1 12" with a big box.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y

If you dont wanna cut it up then the single 12 in a decent size box will be no problem for your truck. Good luck with the install
86yota   +1y
thanks. i will get pics of what i got in there now maybe. its just not enough bass for me. electronic express is running a deal on a pioneer 760 watt 2 channel amp for $100 i am thinking about gettin it.
86yota   +1y
do you think 2 10s would hit harder than one 12? either one will be on a 760watt pioneer.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
that all depends on the sub(s) you plan to use... what do you have in mind? I have a pair of cheap MTX 6000's(250rms) underpowered on an interfire amp(450rms) and they hit pretty hard for a cheap pair of 12's in a downfiring box built to spec air space.

I have been around my share of audio equipment, I had a 13.5" JL w7 and had 15" L7's in my ext cab and have made garage doors rattle from the street! :E I miss my kicker subs!!!

Next I plan to run a pair of JL 12w3v2's in a fiberglass box built to spec air space sealed for looks and Sq/Loudness... off the same Interfire amp
86yota   +1y
i got a 12" Massive. or 2 10" Sonys. older junky ones sorta. Do you think the 12 right now would hit harder than this 10" on the same amp? 200 watt autotek.
scrp1day   +1y
i wuold have to advise a 12 instead of 10's if your really goin bass. the bigger the sub the lesss mids are in it once you cross into the realm of the 15 your only hitting bass period. go for the 12 it will look way better imo.
86yota   +1y
where is the best place to run the power wire? i ended up having to drill a hole in the floorboard inside the kicker panel on the driver side but theres no rubber around it so its gonna cut the wire probally. where did you guys run yours? pics would be nice
Page 1 of 1