Page 1 of 2
Ranger Audio/Interior \  New Seats and New tech article on the way

New Seats and New tech article on the way

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 2636
replies 11
following 9

baha   +1y
I finally had time this weekend to finish my leather seat swap install. The seats came out of a late model ford taurus I picked them up Fakedge

This tech article will show the basics on how to swap pretty much any seat because these seats did not bolt in like explorer seats nor did the seats bolt up to the Ranger seat tracks, It was alot of work but I love them thanks again Fakedge for selling me the seats.

driver seats side by side the taurus one was full power

I had to cut most of the seat frame that was used to connect the backing and the bottom together and remake my own frame. shown below

new seat frame connecting backing and bottom

installed and bolt right up to the factory ranger floor

daweezi   +1y
bad ass swap man, cant wait to see em in person
tiger   +1y
I think I need to redo my seats...they just sit so damn high up. Although I do like how high you sit in the truck, I can still see everything, and I forget that I'm lowered because I do sit so damn high...I'm lookin forward to see how you finished the brackets out.

Did you retain your forward/rearward seat travel? On mine, the track for travel are part of the seat mount, so I can't really get rid of the mounting bracket without losing seat travel...
wht01ranger   +1y
looks good, those are nice seats
scrp1day   +1y
nice looks good. im thinkin im gonna cut the brackets down so i sit lower ill figure something out. the seats look great though and comfortable.
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Looks great man, makes me wish I didnt pussy out cause it didnt bolt in I also wish ford didnt screw me with my air bag controls in my seats. DAMN FORD
jackedup99   +1y

dude, air bag controls arent in the seats, they are attched to the seat belts, so all you haveto do it weld the stock seat belts to the new tracks

at least thats how i got 98 mustang buckets in my 01
layingframe89   +1y
baha while ur seats are out clean ur damn carpet lol or get some new carpet lol

butanyways looks good
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y

Mine was attached with that big cable that is attached to the seatbelt that calculates your force on how much pressure you put on the seatbelt while your flying foward so pretty much I would have to destroy a perfectly good set of nice buckets and would prob compromise the whole airbag system, and I didnt have extra tracks laying around and the air bag light wouldnt stay off unless I had them plugged in.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
looks good... i love having leather buckets in my ranger! What are you doing for a center console? A Full Xploder console would be my choice(already have one in my splash)