Page 1 of 1
Ranger Audio/Interior \  Guys I Need Some Help

Guys I Need Some Help

Ranger Audio/Interior Ranger Tech
views 1669
replies 7
following 8

dubranger   +1y
i dont know weather to post this in the Exterior section or here but neways iam shaving my door handles and i also have power locks i was wondering if there was a way that i could use the power lock acuators to pull the thingy that pops the door open?? please dont trash my thread iam looking for advice or a tutorial

ps i have looked inside the door and pretty much know where everythings at
bodydropped85   +1y

dont worry this isnt rps . i thought about that the other day while sanding some bondo at work. it is possible but idont know if it is strong enuf to pull it open let alone last a while. i could see wiring up the lock/unlock buttons off your key fob tho.
baha   +1y
thats a good idea man, but they arn't powerful enough, and it would be hard to remount them to pull the door latch, you can however wire them to use your factory remote to actuate the solenoid.
spngr311   +1y

That's what I was going to do for my g/f's Ranger when I shave it. Just use the factory transmitters and buy solenoids. It cuts the price of the kit down alot, and allows you to get much better solenoids.
snooptodd   +1y
I have used aftermarket pwr lock actuators on my truck wired to my alarm for almost five years. The only problems I have had is in the winter time, sometimes the door is frozen to the weatherstripping and I have to pull on the door a couple of times.
drppdyllwrngr   +1y
i used power door lock actuators for a while. they worked, but they were used so they didn't last very long.
dwarfranger   +1y
I use a trunk release soleinoid on my s10 and they have never failed in over 4 years and they are only rated at 15lbs so they should work if they can handel at least 15lbs
drop zone   +1y
OK, heres the scoop, I'ved used those in the past but only in a emergency type thing. They aren't strong enough to pull the latch for a prolonged amount of time.... Thats why the soleinods are so big and use a greater amount of amps.....
Page 1 of 1