Page 1 of 2
Ranger Projects \  progress pic

progress pic

Ranger Projects
views 4221
replies 15
following 6

rhodyranger   +1y
Hey guys here is a pic of my 97, I'm in the process of blocking it out for paint on sunday, which is also my birthday I need new lugs for the wheels, that's why they're not on.

thread post photo

bodydropped85   +1y
kool. u gona shoot a nuther coat of primer and block it down again w/ 320? i would...
rhodyranger   +1y
yup! I'm blocking with 400 though. Second coat will be epoxy. I haven't finished blocking this coat... I have to clean up the bodylines and some small areas.
snooptodd   +1y
looks good so far
bodydropped85   +1y
400 wow, that must be taking you forever.id shoot it w/ urethane...
rhodyranger   +1y
I've already got some acrylic enamel. I know it's not most peoples first choice but it will only be for a couple years until I redo it.
Right now I still drive the truck and it sits in a school parking lot for 1/2 the week so I'de be pissed if 1. I screwed up spraying expensive paint 2. it ever got scratched and 3. I still have some more work to do when I don't have to drive it.
For now I'm just going to make it a good looking daily driver and get some experiance so I can do a better job when it is more important.
It's my first time doing bodywork or paint but hopefully I'll be happy with the results. I've been using a Binks/Devillebiss M-1 hvlp gun.
Are there any tips you guys can give me? Can you apply a clearcoat over ae?

--thanks snoop
bodydropped85   +1y
im assumin the acrylic enamel is single stage. yes u can clear over single stage.
scrp1day   +1y
cant wait to see further prgress diggin the rims!
rhodyranger   +1y
thanks man, I got paint on the truck this afternoon. It looks great but I had some runs so I'm going to do some serious sanding and buffing in about 3 weeks. I was told to wait for the paint to really harden before I wet sand it. I'll try to get some more pictures up soon
bodydropped85   +1y
nope, next day or so you should be able to sand/buff it.