Page 1 of 1
Ranger Projects \  a new look

a new look

Ranger Projects
views 1480
replies 7
following 6

tiger   +1y
I was quickly growing tired of the primer/red look for my truck, not to mention that I needed to seal the primer, so 7 rattle cans later...this is what I end up with. I still need to spray bomb the driver's door jamb and under the hood, as well as some touch ups here and there. After I get back from out of town in a month I'll spary it proper with some DP90 or somthing. How much paint does it take to spray the entire truck?

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
wicked mayhem   +1y
wtf.. it only took you 7 cans!? how big were the cans.. it took me 19 to do my truck and you can still see some pink in certain light.. what brand is it and whered you buy it? looks good..
tiger   +1y
Uh...I used Rustoleum, the bigger cans, from Homo Depot..

Althogh I'm reading now that I may not be able to paint back over it, but I used enamel, so hopefully I'll be OK.
baha   +1y
Hey Tiger you missed a handle, j/k looking good man, I would atleast sand off that primer before spraying the good primer on. 2 Gallons should do your whole truck with a few coats.
tiger   +1y
Yeah, I keep draggin my feet on that last handle. I need to redo the power wire running to both and just ahven't done it.

I've still got to do the mirrors and tail lights (and maybe upper body line) before I put it in good stuff, this will at least make it look a little better.

Oh, it's not actaully primer...it's enamel finish coat, just not glossy.
daweezi   +1y
me likey...i cant wait til i get mine all one color
laidranger99   +1y
the soild color looks better man... im not trying to be an ass or anything dude but spraying spray bomb all over may not have been the best idea. id prolly go with baha and sand it all off before you reprime it or at least seal it with some DP or summin before you reprime it
bodydropped85   +1y
man you fucked up by putting on rustolem. unless it is automotive primer, it mroe than likley has silicone in it. o and have fun sanding it off, it will clog the paper in heartbeat.
Page 1 of 1