threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Diesel \  Many other diesels out there?

Many other diesels out there?

Mazda Diesel Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2479
replies 10
following 9

bryandamage   +1y
i've just finished rebuilding the diesel in my truck after i boiled it and warped the head.
found it pretty hard to find any info online so if there's any one else out there that needs help or whatever let me now.
i think i know this engine pretty good now.
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
You will probably get some help form the Aussie guys. I think the diesel engine is more common there. I would like to get one...do they bolt up to the 2.2L auto trans?
I would like to convert it to Biodiesel.
bryandamage   +1y
just updated my profile to say i'm in australia.

yeah, there are quite a few around here.

what year model auto trans do you mean? my workshop manual covers 86-92 and doesn't mention an auto trans at all. i think it would, but i can't be 100% sure.
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
It is an 87. I was curious about that. LOL you bastards have the duallys. j/k LOL I am so going to get down there some day and buy me a dually to bring home. Have you tried DUT or NZminitruckin? I know they have a good group of guys on there as well.
toddluck   +1y
pics
plumbous blimp   +1y
the mazda diesel is actually made by Perkins, you should contact them for in depth engine info.
suicide   +1y
post some pics of your truck bro
rontorr   +1y
100% of the Mazda Pickups assembled in Thailand, (and are now shipped elswhere, including Australia) have diesels made in Japan. The late 90 -2006 Fighter/Ranger have three valve 2,500 and 3,000cc both turbo and non, and the 2007 and newer BT50/Ranger have 4 valve 2500turbo and non, and 2,800 turbos. Mine is a 2006 B2500 non turbo(need to get one, what a dog). There are websites(don't know, do your own homework) where you can get parts shipped from overseas at a reasonable cost. A Ford 302 would be a more pleasant option, but doesn't burn biodiesel, If you want to put veg oil in a diesel you need to change some parts in the fuel system so they won't corrode. I run the Thai 5% biodiesel in mine, no change in performance or economy, unlike running gasohol in a gas engine.
wageslaveescapist   +1y
Yup, I got an 83 diesel b2200 in the US =] She's a little smokey at startup but seems to be running well.
dogfather   +1y
wow this is an old thread but not much on any board about the Mazda Diesels...... Well I found one real nice running truck is there any one around that knows much?