Australia \  12v Mazda bongo/E2000 head

12v Mazda bongo/E2000 head

Australia Events
views 5429
replies 12
following 5

nytrdr24   +1y
G'day mates!

Just checking to see if any of ya'll might have run across one of these heads while pilaging thru the local junk yards for goodies to install on
your utes?

Here is an ebay listing with one of the vans, it happens to be a 1995 E2000, and the listing says it's a petrol engine, so, IF I'm not mistaken, which could be a big if, one of those heads should fit on the 2.2 bottom end...

I believe these heads came on the Mazda bongo/E2000 engine from say 1983-98? I could be wrong tho....

now here comes the big q...if one of you kind gentlemen happened across one of these in good shape and complete, reckon how many cold beers it would take to get you to be kind enough to UPS or Fedex it state side to me?
Post was last edited on Oct 14, 2008 08:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
toddluck   +1y
and me a grill headlight set up for an97

sorry didnt mean to hijack
nytrdr24   +1y
no prob, I wouldn't mind having one of those grilles too....first thing first tho, one of those heads would be real nice
toddluck   +1y
bongo heads are always good
Post was last edited on Oct 14, 2008 08:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
hocbj23   +1y
the head would be nice and so would a set of the domed pistons that go with it `8.5:1 cr -num-num-num.BJ
nytrdr24   +1y
don't quote me on this BJ, but I think the 2.2 bottom ends on the bongos/E2000's or brawny's/friendee's (they were marketed under
so many names) all came with the same 8.6:1 that is in our trucks...
this head is basically the same as the 626/mx6 12v head, but the
distributor is on the front of the head instead of the back, so those doing
the 12v turbo'd engine swap wouldn't have to worry about fire wall clearance.....or someone just looking for a power upgrade could use this head instead of the 8v that came on our trucks...

the stock 12v engines (non turbo) are rated @ 110hp/130ft-lbs tq @ 4700rpm, which beats our 8v's stock 86 hp (carb'd) 91 hp (fi) @ 4500rpm, and 118 ft-lbs tq @ 2500 rpm...now the boosted 12v is said to have 7.8:1 compression, but that is prolly thru a thicker head gasket, but it said to have a stock output of 145hp/190ft-lbs tq @ 4300rpm

with that explanation you can see where I'm going with this....mo power! I wouldn't mind having one of these heads to "play" with if some of our mazda brethren could source one....
nytrdr24   +1y
bump for some help from the land down under
orangemazdab2000   +1y
Mmmmmm.....Bongo engine....so nice! Check out the one in my truck!!!
nytrdr24   +1y

VERY NICE! if you don't mind me askin, were did you source the head from, or were you able to get the whole engine?
orangemazdab2000   +1y
So there I was, at a "hole in the wall" Japanese engine importers when I spotted a couple of odd engines in the Mazda engine section. I immediately got excited and asked what they were out of. They had no idea. All they knew was that they didn't directly fit anything in the U.S. and they were sent to them by mistake. I was more then happy to buy one and I told a buddy about the other and he immediately got one sent to him too. I wish I could source more of them!