threads
Page 1 of 2
S10 Audio/Interior \  98 blazer 4door questions.

98 blazer 4door questions.

S10 Audio/Interior S10 Tech
views 2194
replies 13
following 3

miked   +1y
i dont have the truck here so dont be a smart ass.

1, how do i get the radio out.
2, will taking it out fuck anything up?
3, what size speakers are in the doors? (i have 2 sets of 6.5 comps from the b2200)
4, is there a hole in the firewall just like the s10's to run power wires through?
5, how tall is the cargo area? like from the floor to the top of the seat.?

thats it for now.

lvnlow9543   +1y
yes you have a hole in the fire wall, plenty of room in the back for subs, i used to have a bagged jimmy same thing, and the radio is a breeze
maz89   +1y
for the radio, you need to remove the bezel that goes around the radio, steering colum, etc. just becareful and make sure all the little bolts are out. once it's off the radio just unbolts, and unplugs. just take your time, and you won't mess anything up. it'll only take a few minutes to get it out. the doors take 5 1/4's I believe, but not exactly sure. go to to double check the size. And yes, there's a hole in the firewall, it's best to poke a small hole in the rubber boot the main harness runs through and run your wires beside the harness, it'll be on the driver side under and behind the dash, it's tight to get to, but that's the best and cleanest place for the wires. and I think the measurement from the floor to the top of the rear seats are close to 2ft. if you got anymore questions, just post'em up homie. hope this helps...
lvnlow9543   +1y
well well dr. phil
maz89   +1y
god damn right, i'll kick oprah in da eye
lvnlow9543   +1y
i would pay to see that
maz89   +1y
i would pay TO do it!
lvnlow9543   +1y
you and me both
miked   +1y
is there any problems removing the stock radio, like will it affect anything if i do so?
maz89   +1y
no, you won't have any problems. some of the newer cars have theft systems in them, or alot of the electronics run through the radio so if you take them out nothing works. but yours is fine. just remove the bezel, remove the 4 bolts holding in the radio, pull out, unplug the factory harness at the plug and disconnect the annt. cable and you're done!