threads
Page 1 of 2
Isuzu Projects \  My 97 Holden Rodeo (Izuzu Pup)

My 97 Holden Rodeo (Izuzu Pup)

Isuzu Projects
views 1487
replies 10
following 5

oz nev   +1y
Hey guys

Here is my 1997 Holden Rodeo Spacecab... or what you guys know as a pup.

As i bought it
thread post photo

Got it home and ripped off the towbar, winddeflector things badges etc.
2 weeks later got 3inch blocks and reset leaves. Supposed to be 6inches all up...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Got bored and pin striped the ass.
thread post photo

Got it tinted and carried out a front end conversion. Also replaced my blinkers with LEDs in the corner lights.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Then sprayed half of it matt black.
thread post photo

Wound down the torsions some more.
thread post photo

Then bagged it in the rear early last year. Half clip, tube work, 4-link, slam bags, AZ, 8-gal tank, DANZ 1/2 valves and 1/2 inch lines.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

this is the sunroof in sticking into it.
thread post photo

Ok sorry if there is too many pics. Covers the whole lot though. I got defected late last year and it has been off the road since then. Been sourcing a lexus v8 (1uz-fe) and supra box to go in it, working on bagging the front, crossmembers etc and carrying out a half/half traditional and stock floor BD soon. Then eventually paint, interior and 20s.

Let me know what you think.
eatinpavement   +1y
thats a really cool truck. sick backhalf too. i am sending you a pm.
93zuzu89   +1y
that is a sweet truck. i love the holdens.
oz nev   +1y
Thanks for the comments guys. Do you guys have defects for your trucks over there? I got done for being too low, chassis not engineered, open space over diff (tray was just cut out) and repositioned fuel tank. Just wondering if you get anything like that?
In a month or so i plan on selling 2 of my other vehicles so hopefully ill get to spend all the cash on the truck and get it back on the road.
/// xception   +1y
What the heck did that sunroof come out of...That is freakin awesome.
oz nev   +1y
Thanks mate. Good to hear from someone with such a great truck as yours. The sunroof is from a BMW X5, this ones from an E53... otherwise known as the older X5s. But they come from E83s (x3s) E70s (new X5s) and i think E91 (new 3-series touring). They just differ in the control units but i wont be using all that anyway.
Its pretty friggin massive, the glass area is approx 1.1meters by .85 meters. According to an internet conversion site thats 3 ' and 7.30 " by 2 ' and 9.46 ". Hope that makes sense.
/// xception   +1y
Wow....thanks for the information about the sunroof. Send pictures when you get it installed.
gldsuzi   +1y
Ya man we have all that same bullshit over here but we are able to register vehicles as hot rods its a pain in the ass but you can get arround all that kind of stuff, im thinking of doing it myself
/// xception   +1y
Really I didnt know you could register a vehicle as a hotrod. How much of a pain the ass is it?
gldsuzi   +1y
ya in pa anyhow, we can do hot rod and special construction as well as some others but there not relevent to us. you have to have pictures of the construction of everything and the insurance is ridiculas you to apply with all the pics first then they approve you and its expensive as far as your yearly registration and all that im not sure if its worth it, i havent looked into special construction yet cuz i just heard of it recently