threads
Page 1 of 11
Isuzu Projects \  Project Overkill (UPDATED 4-5-07)((UPPERS INCLUDED))

Project Overkill (UPDATED 4-5-07)((UPPERS INCLUDED))

Isuzu Projects
views 25248
replies 100
following 19

dragn92nznsi   +1y
this is my 92 zoo, its come a LONG way... It was manufactured in Japan (JDM BABY!), shipped to the Phillipines, where it was sold with a contractor bed on it (and it had AC!)... where a military officer purchased it, shipped it to California, drove it to State College, put a regular silver bed on it, sold it to my dad's friend, my dad bought it when i was about 9 years old, and i got it from my dad when i was 16. He used it to go to and from work everyday, and in the fall to get firewood this thing has seen it all

i dont have any pics of the old bumper sadly, there were a few small rust holes in it and it was basically crap. I got a Panasonic motorized head unit, 240watt MTX Roadthunder amp and 12 inch Rockford Fosgate sub... (the system is yet to come... hopefully Kicker Solobaric 12s)

last august, a very good friend of mine and my biggest inspiration Jim Mills (Twizted Stylz C.C. PA Chapter) hooked me up with the pathfinders that were on it for about a year for 75 bucks, then dropped it for me before i knew how. we cranked the torsion bars down something like 4-4 1/2 inches, then removed all but 2 leafs and installed 3 inch blocks in the rear. haha you should see those torsion bar bolts, i was low enough i dragged one until it almost broke off on the crown of the road

also during this time, i took my dash out, covered it in suede and smoothed it out-- i also did the a-pillars, and i still have to do my headliner, but i want to install a sunroof or maybe a rag, so spending time on the headliner would be pointless... and it turns out all that work on the dash was a waste of time too because i tore it all out and am in the process of making a steel one

i have re-6 and 7 slam bags, 8 1/2 inch blitzluft valves, a 12 gallon tank, engine driven comp, and 5/8 inch line. The 4-link is made in house by me and Jim out of 1 1/4 inch DOM tubing and Poly bushings. We are also making tubular upper control arms, and converting the lca to an a-arm killing 2 birds with one stone (shock mounting, and the radius arms)

the rear end is going to be 1.5:1 cantilever, the arms are getting cut on Skytop Machineshop's CNC waterjet... something sharp with holes in it haha

the bed will dump on bags (for now, hoping to go to cans in the future), so that the bottom of the bed stops at the top of the cab

it is traditional bodydropped 3 3/4 inches, and lays hard rocker (2 1/4 inches from the door, i cut my rockers and flattened them), and it lays 20 inch SSC wheels on 30 series dunlop tires in the front (only way i could get it to fit) and ventus 35 series in the back.

i took one look at the frame horns and front x member and knew it had to go... those little candy cane things just look wrong hahaha... plus i put a hammer though it (Isuzu used crappy metal in Tokyo apparently)... so we made a new one out of 2x4 notched for the radiator, and 1/4 inch to make the dropped core support mounts. It looks great, ill get pics asap. thats where it is right now, and over the Christmas break alot should get done since im off of school and Jim is off of work... it will be at Bellefonte Cruise tnext spring!
Post was last edited on Apr 05, 2007 08:04. This post has been edited 6 times.
thetornado   +1y
yooooooooooooo!
great project you got going man!!! are you in college or high school right now?
make sure to keep us posted on what you get done over your break!
dragn92nznsi   +1y
im a senior in high school, i just turned 18 wait until you see the canti arms i designed!

ill update this every chance i get with pictures, i have almost 400 since i started it in July

edit
the back half looks kinda rusty, thats because the toolbags that i bought the metal from stored it outside for a week and it rained... its been cleaned up and sprayed flat black since those pictures... those were taken the night we finished it
thetornado   +1y
thats awesome man! is this your first truck you are building?
dragn92nznsi   +1y
yeah, im like a minitrucker prodigy i guess haha i got into it when i was 14, and here i am bodydropping my first vehicle and toying around with opening a shop with a buddy of mine
jester2   +1y
looks good
laydoutb26   +1y
lookin' real good bro, keep us updated! i love that you are laying on 20's, got pics of under the hood?
dragn92nznsi   +1y
somewhere, i have to move them from my computer to this one
tnjeff   +1y
HOW MUCH DID U TAKE OUT OF UR ROCKER OH HEY HOW CLOSE R U FROM LANCASTER
dragn92nznsi   +1y
about an inch, it lays hard

im about 2 and a half hours away from lancaster