Page 1 of 2
Suspension \  drop shocks

drop shocks

Suspension Isuzu Tech
views 1443
replies 13
following 6

93zuzu89   +1y
okay i've got 4" djm blocks on the back of my truck and if i hit a bump in the road the driveshaft rubs the bottom of the cab (where the driveshaft tunnel is). i'm running stock shocks right now. would drop shocks help it and keep it from scrubbing the cab? if so what are some good brands?
twizted_spacecab   +1y
yeah new shocks should help. Not understanding how it hitting the cab tho. I had my spacecab lowered by mono leaf and a 3" block and nothing hit on it besides the axle hitting the frame.
93zuzu89   +1y
i was thinkin it was the axle hitting the frame too but i checked and you can tell the driveshaft is scraping the cab. how low did you get by mono-leafing it with the 3" blocks. i was thinkin about doing the same thing, thats why i ask. and what brand of shocks would you recommend?
twizted_spacecab   +1y
I never measured but i was low enough that i needed a c-notch to keep from bottoming out. I ran Belltech shocks on my truck and they seemed to really help.
sicpupidaho   +1y
a regular cab does hit the drive line on the cab if you lowered it alot. so you have to raise the floor in that area. you have a one piece drive line spacecabs have a two piece. hope that helps.
lowblazer   +1y
i am mono with a 4 inch block and redrilled my spring hangers for another 1.5 inch or so and mine doesnt hit just frame hittin the cab
isuzueh   +1y
yea the space cabs are 2 piece driveshafter the single cab is a one piece so it hits
93zuzu89   +1y
how much drop do you guys think i'd get if i mono leafed it on 3" blocks? reason i'm asking is because i saw a cheap block kit at pep boys and i installed the 4" ones improperly and one chipped a piece off.
isuzueh   +1y
eeeek ionno if i would mono leaf it...the ride would be really shitty and its not the safest setup
93zuzu89   +1y
what about 3" blocks and take one, maybe two leafs out and drop shocks?