Page 1 of 2
Engine \  has anyone...

has anyone...

Engine Isuzu Tech
views 1323
replies 10
following 6

93zuzu89   +1y
ever turn the key and all you hear is the starter click. i'm getting this more and more often now. i need help one what it might be. any suggestions?
westanbro   +1y
Starter is going bad. Very common on these trucks, ask Speedy, hes carrying a hammer with him so he can hit it, lol.
speedylowz   +1y

if u call a Cresent wrench a hammer...lol. yeah mine started acting up lately u might wanna try taking it out & cleaning it or replacing it .....did it to mine now no more hammerring!!!
lowzone1   +1y
i got a couple good used starters here for the 2.6L....i have to check to see if they are the same for the 2.3L....if so im covered....
$20+ shipping...

Ron
/// xception   +1y
i have starter issues...but not with Isuzu starters. Good luck!
93zuzu89   +1y
i replaced the starter on it and it worked great. then, my battery went dead. think there's any connection between these two mishaps? checked all the starter connections and we wired it up right. may be a case of bad luck. minitruckers never get a break. haha.
/// xception   +1y
That really sucks for you.
93zuzu89   +1y
in spite of the recent bad luck, i did manage to put the rodeo front end on my truck yesterday.
/// xception   +1y
Awesome man....show us some pictures.
sicpupidaho   +1y
I had the same problem for awhile i wired up a new starter switch and now i have no problems now. i still use the key but now i have a start button.