Page 1 of 1
Engine \  sectioning the oil pan

sectioning the oil pan

Engine Isuzu Tech
views 995
replies 5
following 4

isuzueh   +1y
has anyone here sectioned there oilpan??? I have the 2.6 and notice that it hangs alot lower than anything thing else... who here has done this and do you have any pics?? or does it really need to be done
nascarguy3   +1y
Yes the pan needs to be cut but you need to measure how far it needs to be cut and cut the pan and make sure that you shorten the oil pick up as well.. I dont have any picsfor you sorry man...
isuzueh   +1y
how much can you actually shorten it without effecting the engine like are we looking a 1 or 2 inches or does it need more than that?? and what part of the pick up do you shorten?? also did you have to modify your dipstick at all
sicpupidaho   +1y
mine is done on my pup you can take 1 1/2 out you only lose one quart. and mine is a 2.6 . it is really easy to do. hope this helps.
isuzueh   +1y
so all you had to do was section the pan 1 1/2" and you didn't need to mod anything else??
dam03n   +1y
yeh i shortened mine bout an inch or more but if i was to do it all again id probably suggest a z notch in the front because then it will cut out the shortening of the sump engine x member and notching the lower arm if u run bigger then 19" wheels to lay frame.
but heres a pic of my sump shortened
thread post photo
Page 1 of 1