Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  wheels?

wheels?

General Discussion
views 876
replies 5
following 4

93greenbean   +1y
i am lookin to put 20's on my truck and i wondered if u guys could help me with the offset. what is the factory offset for a 2wd spacecab? can u guys tell me wat offset 20's i will have to buy? thanks
eatinpavement   +1y
my wheels are 8.5" wide with a 45mm offset
lowzone1   +1y
hi,
ive tucked 18x8s with 5" backspacing. used Nissan Titan 18"s with the 25mm offset (4" would be 0 offset, add 25mm offset (almost 1" more) gets you 5" bs) they BARELY tuck on the fronts, but the rears tuck nicely due to the rear track being narrowoer by 1/2" each side.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
isuzueh   +1y
hey man what are you referring to when you say the rear track was narrowed by 1/2" on each side??
lowzone1   +1y

Axle track is the overall width of the axle/rims. Pontiac had the WIDE TRAC Grand Prix, all it was a wider stanced GP for better handling......

the back axle track is narrower then the front track by ROUGHLY 1" overall. if you ever noticed the rear tires always tuck yet the fronts are close to the edge of the fenders. you can say the front fenders are wider then the bed sides but they are not. the truck is 66.6" wide....cool number huh??? from Edmunds.com website:
this is for a 95 pup FI 2.3L (why the HP rating is 100 not 92 like the carbed motors)

Length: 177.3 in. Width: 66.6 in.
Height: 64.2 in. Wheel Base: 105.6 in.
Curb Weight: 2855 lbs.
Interior
Front Head Room: 38.2 in. Front Leg Room: 42.5 in.
Maximum Seating: 3

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 2.3 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 100 hp
Max Horsepower: 4600 rpm Torque: 125 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 2600 rpm Maximum Payload: 1470 lbs.
Maximum Towing Capacity: 2000 lbs. Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 35.4 ft.

the reason behind the different tracks is that when in mud and snow the front and rear wheels cut their own track widths to prevent the rear axle from tracking in the fronts track. you can see in the pics i provided that the rears are much further in (it looks more extreme then it really is, its only 1/2" roughly) then the fronts...
93greenbean   +1y
thanks guys.
Page 1 of 1