General Discussion \  jdmcustoms.net

jdmcustoms.net

General Discussion
views 4929
replies 25
following 7

dragn92nznsi   +1y
soon to be up and running!

if anyone has any tips or anything for the site, let me know... its been a while since i made a good site
oldskewlkool   +1y
sweet need some project rides for your pics section?
dragn92nznsi   +1y
shes up, in the beginning stages
dragn92nznsi   +1y
anyone with experience that knows how to upload to an ftp server? im using coffee cup visual to make a much better site than doteasy's stupid sitebuilder, and im using ACEftp to upload to the ftp, but i cant figure out how to publish the site i made on coffee cup over the crappy one thats up now... do i have to delete all that?? im using a lot more html in this other site, it'll be much better... i just need to know how to make it publish
isuzueh   +1y
doteasy has an ftp uploader called WSFTP its a free download and it just transfers your files from your computer onto your doteasy account
dragn92nznsi   +1y
yeah i have ACEftp to connect to my ftp server, thats not the problem. the problem is i have a site started in CoffeeCup and i dont know how to publish it from the ftp so when you go to the site you see that
ablaydes   +1y
cant help mayne lol
isuzueh   +1y
k what you have to do is save the webpage (asusuming you have it in html code) as an internet document (html, htm ect) then you have to name your main page (the one that you want to show up first) as index.htm (or html)
dragn92nznsi   +1y
so the opening page should be saved as "index.html", then the home page "home.html" and so on, then upload it to the ftp and it will work
isuzueh   +1y
yea k here I'll try my best to explain.....when you go to a wesite the first thing that shows up is an ndex.html file nothing else so whatever you want to show up first you have to name it that...anything else can be named whatever you want as long as you link w/e link you have to that