Page 1 of 1
Off-topic \  I did not know that.

I did not know that.

Off-topic General Discussions
views 1038
replies 3
following 3

guilty by design   +1y
Post up some helpful tips/tricks you know that maybe others dont know of.

For example i did not know that Stanley brand tape measures have a lifetime warranty. If the spring breaks, lines rub off, you cut the end off in a shear, etc they will replace it. Just go to lowes or HD with the broken one, go find the replacement tape and take it to the customer service counter and they will do an in store exchange. i got like 6-7 broken tapes around the shop that im gonna go exchange now!
Post was last edited on Jun 14, 2016 11:06. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
Good idea, been learning a lot lately for troubleshooting engine issues.

I started writing out a tip but may be better as a article. Wait until the engine is completely cool before doing this. You can test for a blown head gasket without any special test equipment. Do this one cylinder at a time by first removing all spark plugs and then putting the spark plug(s) back for the cylinder you are testing. Next remove the radiator cap and top off with water. Have someone start the engine while you keep an eye on the radiator. If you see bubbles in the radiator while the engine is cranked, you've found the leak.
loyota94   +1y
I knew Sears will exchange Craftsman. I didn't know about Lowes and Stanley. Thanks for the heads up.
Page 1 of 1