Page 1 of 2
Minitruckin' Magazine \  Suggestion for Minitruckin

Suggestion for Minitruckin

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 1550
replies 15
following 15

JohnBoy99   +1y
Hey Mike or whoever is monitoring these threads.  I enjoy the magazine and all when I can get it.  I subscribe and all that junk, however have one suggestion.  On the posters, place ads on the backside, or another poster.  Especially in Iraq, I like hanging the posters, but when I do I have to sacrifice an article because it's on the backside of the poster.  Know what I mean?  I'm sure theres some one page ads or something you could put there.
mjavy7   +1y
true!
still_2_hi   +1y

Only problem with that... imagine answereing the phone and it being one of your clients who pays you 1000's of dollars to run their ads in your magazine, when they find out their ad is barely seen before it gets ripped out and gets placed on a wall their side down. Its not fair to them really. Always remember the ads keep the prices of our favorite mags down. So we can afford and enjoy the trucks they feature.
marcus45   +1y

good point!!
lucky_brew   +1y
get TWO magazines! DUH!!
JohnBoy99   +1y

Ok, then do what others do with posters, have two different spreads...one on each side.  I damn near buy two mags.  Because by the time I get my subscription issue mailed to me by the wife, I've already lost patience and bought one from the PX.  Iraq sucks!
draggin   +1y
Edited: 10/22/2010 1:50:53 PM by draggin

ads make the world go round

---------------------------------------------dragthat . com
redspowerjams   +1y
what about riden around, lifestyle, MT News, or one of them on the back of posters. that's not payed by clients. and people seem to look at them once, twice, or never..
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
either weay, someone will be "hurt", weather its sponsors and their adds or another feature ride not getting looks. i used to just pick the best one and the 2nd magazine was used for the other sides poster. now i collect them, look at em a few times and then slide em' into a clear page protector, inside 3" 3 ring binders.
svrdwgn   +1y
Most features are what? 5 pages long, plus the centerfold? So why not just put part of the feature of the centerfold on the back of the poster...

As an example:
Feature title page 74-75, interior spread 76-77, poster 78-79, and then "the lowdown" on the backside of the poster, page 80

Now youre not "hurting" anyones feelings of sponsors, other features, show coverage, other columns being attached to the centerfold poster being ripped out....