Page 1 of 1
AUTOLOC \  Have you ever?

Have you ever?

AUTOLOC
views 963
replies 7
following 7

Ron_autoloc   +1y
Have a an awesome weekend , I was helping a buddy fix his link on his toyota . Most of the time I wear welding gloves , this time I didn't and it happened. I had my wedding ring on and some welding slag hit it and lit my finger up. I flipped off my helmet like a baseball catcher and got y ring off. About 30 minutes later if formed a blister all around my finger. Has anyone else done this and what is the best cure? Also how long will this blister be here.
What a dumb ass !

Ron 
scotto79   +1y

The blister will only be there for a few days.  I end up taking my welding gloves off so often that I usually just leave them on the floor.  Most of the time, I just wear Mechanix gloves, and those burn through in about 15 seconds.  Thats also why I never wear my wedding ring, the wife loves that it sits in the safe all the time.
Marcos_65   +1y
Yeah, I don't know about the blister thing, but all I use it cheap summit racing gloves since using welding gloves piss me off more then they help.
corey0814   +1y

if you're looking for some advice on how not to do this again, you can tattoo your wedding ring like i did.

my wife got upset all the time about me forgetting to put it back on, so now i can't take it off! lol it's also the tire tread of my truck so if god forbid anything happens to us, i won't have to think about having it removed.

check out tirerings.com to check out the style i'm talking about lol i saw that in a car & driver...

sparage   +1y
Had this happen to me. The blister will go away its the wedding ring with the weld on it you gotta worry about, it wore off mine over time. Don't wear my ring when welding anymore lol. I use some cheap gloves I got at harbor freight they work great.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
my buddy was removing a batt cable one day. and welded the wrench to his wedding ring when he grounded out the wrench. had a nice blister. funny shit
Ron_autoloc   +1y
Thanks guy's you make me feel a lot better LOL . It's almost heeled . Kind of a jack ass thing to do but if I do it again I guess that means I didn't learn anything. Ron 
cookiemonster13   +1y

i wear a ring that is a mineral, dont remember which one, and it has a gold enlay on the top. you cannot arc to it and burn yourself.
Page 1 of 1