Page 1 of 1
Minitruckin' Magazine \  Thanks to the Hurta family, and everyone involved

Thanks to the Hurta family, and everyone involved

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 888
replies 7
following 8

acrochicken   +1y
............for letting me shoot the pics of J.D's truck in this months issue you guys are what MiniTruckin is all about.

Everyone should read the story,and take it to heart J.D was one of us and his story started out like the majority of ours did.

It was one of the first trucks I had the honor of shooting when I moved to Texas,and will always have a special place in my heart and mind. I wish we could have had the time to do it up bigger,and I look forward to maybe meeting his mom someday.

They say the merit of a persons life is what they have to say about you after you are gone, and I hope someday when its my turn I have friends/family who care that much about me........Thanks again for everything
railin93   +1y

hey john... i was sitting in the living room reading the MT when the wife walked by and saw the pic of the truck and said that's a nice truck...mind you, my wife cares NOTHING about minis and sees no point in what we do, or our lifestyles but she said that and i was amazed...then i told her to read the write-up!!...she started crying and said pretty much the exact same thing about the article...it's people like that, that give you faith and hope in our sport/hobby and in mankind in general...i tip my hat to those who chipped in and gve it their all to make his dreams come true even if just for a short while... love it, live it, drag it!!!!
HotRodDime   +1y

Thanks so much John, really means a lot to everyone! It's really hard to do stories like this... this one made me cry as well as I was typing it up!!! but it's worth it to see such a loved person make such a big impact on those around him! JD will truly be missed!  
stuckinacoma98   +1y
Edited: 9/18/2009 3:52:04 PM by stuckinacoma98

Edited: 9/18/2009 3:51:01 PM by stuckinacoma98I have been kind of disappointed in this scene the past few years the way it has been headed, mind you i dont get to go across the country to all the shows but just newer people into the sport around alabama and the southeast have been assholes when you try to start a conversation or talk to them about their truck. Like they are better than you and nothing else matters. It started to push me out of the scene just like it did leif,  but i still bought mini-truckin every month to see what was going on and when i picked that up and read the article it really hit home with me because my mom has cancer, and after reading it, i was proud to say I am affiliated with people like that. In this day its really hard to find a good friend let alone a group of people that will work that hard to make someones dream come true. Mike you did a great job showing that there are still minitruckers out there that have good hearts. Props to everybody that was involved in making his truck come together. R.I.P. JD  
bodydropped85   +1y

im confused, did i miss something?
NIGHTMARE73   +1y

I DROVE UP TO HIS WAKE, WHICH WAS HELD AT HIS OLD HIGH SCHOOL. THE BRENHAM CHAPTER OF HAD ALL THERE RIDES NOSED DOWN TO SHOW RESPECT. JD'S TRUCK WAS PARKED IN FRONT OF THE MAIN WALK IN DOORS, IT WAS OPENED UP FOR ALL TO SEE LIKE IT WAS AT A TRUCK SHOW. WHEN MY WIFE, KIDS AND I WALKED INTO THE MAIN ADITORIUM WE WERE TOLD TO HAVE A SEAT WITH HIS OTHER CLUB MEMBERS, YES THEY HAD A SECTION JUST FOR HIS TRUCK CLUB MEMBERS, AND NO IT WASN’T IN THE BACK, IN WAS IN THE FRONT ROW SECTIONS!! THEY STARTED THE MUSIC,,, NO IT WASN’T A SLOW SAD SONG,, IT WAS PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR..IM NOT MAKING THIS UP! LOL  

WHEN THEY STARTED TO FLASH THE PICTURES IT WAS MAINLY ABOUT HIM GROWING UP, SHOWED THE DAY HE GOT THE TRUCK, THEN WENT INTO HIS BUILD OF THE TRUCK WITH HIS FAMILY AND HIS CLUB MEMBERS, MAN IT REALY STARTED TO MAKE ME TEAR UP!! THE FATHER AND MOTHER COMES ONTO THE STAGE PULLING A BODYDROPPED RED RYDER WAGON. THEY TOLD STORIES ABOUT HIS GOOD TIMES IN LIFE AND HOW HE LOVED THIS TRUCK SCENE. THEY THANK US FOR GIVING HIM SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR! IT REALY  MADE ME PROUD OF THIS SCENE  

dragnlow   +1y

J.D.'s story is very moving and I want to thank all the guys in Vertically Challenged for coming together for a fellow friend and member. 

projekt94   +1y

it was a great story. i didnt know jd but i do know the guys that finished the truck. they say that the scene is being overran by young kids and assholes but its guys like kevin and the brenham vc members that make me glad im still in scene despite what everyone says. minitrucker for life!! R.I.P. JD HURTA MAY YOU DRAG WITH THE GOOD LORD ABOVE!!
Page 1 of 1