threads
Back To Page - Minitruckin' Magazine
Page 1 of 3
Minitruckin' Magazine \  Hard Luck of the Month?

Hard Luck of the Month?

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 2554
replies 22
following 20

arod84   +1y
Edited: 6/2/2009 1:39:36 AM by arod84

I tried to submit some pics for hard luck, but the email address out of the last issue is a dead email address.  Also wanted some opinions on my hard luck from Apr.  I was passing through Kansas when a gust of wind got ahold of my enclosed trailer and jackknifed my truck.  It totaled my 07 Ram, destroyed my 99 Dakota project and the enclosed trailer that was hauling it, almost all of my tools were lost or destroyed, and worst of all claimed the life of my 14 month old boxer, Billet.

Billet Feb 08-Apr 09
jetts   +1y

sucks about your truck, but hard luck of the month aint that cool   and im pretty sure i was the first one
post photo
22below   +1y
WOW, you lost a lot in that event. Sorry about the bad luck. That had to be one hell of a ride, the hitch looks like it failed you. Would have been better if it just snapped off, then just the trailer and stuff in it would have been lost.
arod84   +1y

I never said it was cool.  If anything, one of the worst days of my life.  I'm still going through physical therapy and miss my dog everyday.  The trucks can be replaced...  Really if anything, I'd like ppl to use my experience to learn from.If your hauling long distance make sure to do constant checks on your rig and the weather.  And they do have seatbelt harness' for dogs,  mine was fastened in only using his collar and no harness... obviously not enough.  I also found some kind of tow bars that would've prevented me from getting rolled instead of using chains alone.All in all, I can "Monday Night QB" every little thing about the wreck and trace all the extra precautions I could have taken to prevent something like this from happening, as I'm sure alot of others can.  But if someone gets something outta this, than it was worth posting.
22below   +1y
Thanks for sharing, it is good to know. I have done some towing with my 20' enclosed trailer and never thought it could be blown over, thats just scary.
pugz   +1y

DAMN. AT LEAST U MADE IT OUT. SUCKS ABOUT YOUR DOG.
idrgbdy   +1y
sorry to hear this man. losing a pet is just like a family member.
GraphicDisorder   +1y

Crazy man, i bet that was a wild ride.

BIGROBFFF   +1y
Sorry about your boxer.I have 4 of them can't imagine your loss.Metal stuff can be replaced our boxers can't . I know some breeders here in San diego kinda far from you.Get well. FFF
achievment_farmer   +1y

damn, sorry bout all that you went through.  my uncle lost his pitbull in a car accident and he was like another son to him.  if it was an open trailor the wind would have just passed by it for the most part probably.  well, i know i learned a little somethng from it. thanks for sharing