Page 1 of 5
Minitruckin' Magazine \  Hard luck of the year

Hard luck of the year

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 4060
replies 45
following 38

cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
Ok this is gonna be kinda long, this has been the worst year of my life, first I get rear ended in my work van which fucked up my back and tottaled the van.

then my grand father passed away who I was close with. Then I broke a rib fuckin around with a friend, then last week I got laid off, then yesterday I died a little. My pride and joy of my two trucks was my 1973 ford courier. I was cruisin down the street doin about 35-40mph ridin low in the front, i look in my rear view cause my buddy was following me when i turned around I saw railroad tracks in front of me, I had no time to air up the front or even brake. My engine crossmember caught the second rail, i came to about three minutes later to my buddy shakin me and blood everywhere, he said when the truck hit it came to a dead stop and the ass end came up off the ground about 10 feet and slammed back down. I bent the whole steering collumn with my chest. I'm lucky I guess just a few stitches and a broken nose with some bruising on my chest. but god damn do i love that truck i drove it everywhere. so again sorry for the long ass story just thought i'd share as i'm recovering I am going to see the truck tonight so I will get some more pics.

jetts   +1y
holy fuck man that sucks, good thing your alive...

get better and just build a ba frame for the truck now
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
I am debating this only problem is I got laid off
katfish   +1y
Hey man If you were closer I would let you get the courier that I have for parts
SSM-BobHase   +1y
Cheeks you need to stay in the house or go see a witch doctor to rid yourself of the bad that is following you around. LOL See you tonight I hope you are in a bubble. Just for safety
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
im not coming to see im coming to see tina hahaha you guy's need to move down here, or I need to move up there.
waynehammer   +1y
that sucks.. such a bad ass truck. im glad ur ok..
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
what really pisses me off is I was gonna get the rear suspension done and drive it to tex mex now I gotta drive the s-10
gimp5561   +1y
Originally posted by KatFish

Hey man If you were closer I would let you get the courier that I have for parts

if everyone will chip in for the cost of fuel i will bring it too ya!!

hope you are ok, i loved that little truck. the lay off suck's ass as well i am seeing it everyday in the town i work in and it is a collage town.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Damn dude that's rough. Is the truck okay from the cab back? Not frame wise, just body wise?

I'd be willing to donate some time on a new frame. I have a Toyota clip here at the shop waiting to go into something.