Minitruckin' Magazine \  My Canadian Bacon Toyota

My Canadian Bacon Toyota

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 5785
replies 68
following 43

slammedcivicsi   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2008 8:21:40 PM by slammedcivicsi

Hey all, my names Brad, and this is my 1992 Toyota pickup. It started with a friend of mine buying it and wanting to build a cool driver, so it got picked up from the dealership on the trailer, and backed right into the garage. Level 1 Miniz started the work on it, by bodydropping it and juicing it, with factory leafs, however it was a project that got forgotten about by the owner.

It sat in many carports, and storage units, for a few owners, I eventually found it back up for sale with all factory suspention still intact, but only a round notch, and a half finished bodydrop. It had a mess of electrical issues because of wire harnesses being cut through, and day time running light modules missing.

It definatly needed some lovin, but I wanted to build a cool daily. So I went and bought it from mazdawgn once I tracked it down. I drive it rain, sun or snow still to this day, however I prefer the sun since I have another set of wheels.

This was the closest picture I could find of it when it was when I bought it.

slammedcivicsi   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2008 8:37:51 PM by slammedcivicsi

I at first bagged it with mono leaf and manual valves just to get me going while I saved for electrics.

post photo
post photo
post photo
slammedcivicsi   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2008 8:42:28 PM by slammedcivicsi

I then decided it was time to go to the 21st century and add electrics and 4 link it.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
slammedcivicsi   +1y
I got a set of dropped motor mounts from Seth, when he first decided to sell them, it worked great for me, because I needed to clear and OEM hood, and the 4" bodydrop was a little excessive. I ran a factory toyota A/C Compressor for my air, and ran an air dryer to keep the system clean. I also had to get a little creative with my intake routing because my engine bay was a little cramped at this point.

post photo
post photo
post photo
TwistedMinis   +1y
I like the intake with the 180!
slammedcivicsi   +1y
At this point, my wifes car slid down the driveway and smashed into my truck in the snow. So I figured it was a good point to repaint the truck. I also made the mistake of suiciding my doors, then switching them back to stock.

It made for a waste of time, but have good experience.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
slammedcivicsi   +1y
So now that its at my bodyshop I was able to get started on it, so I went and called up hot hues and ordered up some paint for the beast.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
jdm customs   +1y
OH SO SWEET. I dont want to go to bed because I dont want to miss anymore updates.
artsar   +1y
looke great, and not only because its canadian