threads
Back To Page - Minitruckin' Magazine
Page 1 of 4
Minitruckin' Magazine \  An 83 Mazda How dare you...

An 83 Mazda How dare you...

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 3580
replies 38
following 22

Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Figured I might as well make one of these...

Bought the truck when I was 16 hacked, then let a friend "try" to fix it and make it right. Then he actually made it worse. I won't say any names because its over and done with.

So with that being said on with the pics. The truck is currently at Big Vic Fabrications, been friends with him for about 5 years and been wanting to do a full backhalf for 3 years.

Enough bickering on with the pics.

Finally got a good friend of mine to redo the notches and such. Bed was still hacked up.

Rocked this style for a while because I couldn't afford tires for the rear.

Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Finally got the rear down a bit. The problem with this pic is I was all about trying to drag and laying the frame on the ground. I should have done some research on what I was getting. Big mistake. The setup was all the bars ran backwords under neath the axle. Almost like a reverse 2 link with no panhard bar.

Finally got baby tires on the back. Whew thats alot of grease on the beater, talk about daily driven.

Also found out the previous owner caked 1/2 of bondo around the gas door area. You can almost see the dent in this pic.

Finally the last pic before the big rebuild.

It doesn't look like alot of progress but there was so much hacked shit on this truck it was unreal. I wish I had better pics of the type's of setups it went through. I never really got pics of it because I knew it was hacked.

Getting rid of the donky seats.

Pulling the motor to clean the engine bay. I wish I would have painted it a different color. But a motor swap is coming in the near future.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2008 7:50:01 PM by Slammed83Mazda

Here you can see it had a couple nasty leaks...

Whew what a mess. Pops was definatly right on suggesting pulling the motor.

Finally got some new shoes.

Just a test fit, with the crossmember pegged into the driveshaft.

Winter of 2007 giving the interior a makeover.

The start of a pain in the ass.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Covering the defrost part.

Yeahhhhhhhh not feelin the blue tweed....

The blue isn't really that bright, the flash was messing with it.

Could I really fit a radio in this, I thought so and I've never seen it done before so I tryed it.

I really had no idea how this would look but it started to come together and I couldn't be any happier.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Giving it a test fit, Needed some more sanding on the edges to give a better fit.

Finally got the navis some tires and mounted them up.

The front about 2" from laying out.

Almost tuckin a lug.

Finally got this PITA done, lots of sanding in tight places.

Test fitted in the truck.

Then the big work begain. Finally got it in the shop and cut off the rear end.

Lots of rust built up in the frame lol.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Deluxe_D100   +1y
Cool project, keep the pics coming....
Slammed83Mazda   +1y
I told the fat guy to just do his thing. I didn't care what it looked like I just wanted some tube work.

Fuel Cell Mount.

Then after reviewing were the bag would go, he decided it would actually be easier to do a cantilever. So I was pretty happy about that because we only talked about doing bag on bar.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Thanks for looking guys, any feedback is appreciated. It's been a long awaited build. Soon as it comes outta the shop the interior will get finished then its on to the beautiful body work stage. I can only imagine what kinda suprises I'm in for.

I am looking for a new set of doors. 1980-1984 mazda b2000 or the 1980-1984 ford courier. Please let me know.

Thanks

Nick@BigVicFabrication.com
SinistarCustoms   +1y
An Old School DAWG! Hell yeah! Keep the pics coming man
smctoy   +1y
looks awesome!