Under Construction \  81 crew cab c-30 dually bagged and body dropped

81 crew cab c-30 dually bagged and body dropped

Under Construction General Discussions
views 3244
replies 8
following 4

down2earth   +1y
Edited: 7/26/2012 7:16:57 PM by downtwoearth

this is going to be one hell of a first post lol but i have been working on this truck for about 2 mo so far and this is about how far i got so hope u guys like it i just picked up my 81 crew cab dually with a 454 big block today it will be getting bagged and body dropped ill be towing my 49 ford with so i think this is going to be a fun build when i get started here are some pics of the truck

well i cleaned the garage out to day to get the truck in to get the bed off and start bagging it time to get this bitch on a roll

well i got the front clip off today going to start ordering all the stuff to bagged it tomorrow and presser wash it all down clean it up

put the truck back on the lift getting rdy to start cutting the springs off and and get the front cross member off
down2earth   +1y
got the cab off getting rdy to pull the motor

i got it z'ed today 4 and 3/4 going to cut the bottom of the frame off tomorrow and going to pick up my steel next week end then just a lot of welding to do

well a lot of the goodies come in the mail

here is a few pics with the stuff on so far

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
down2earth   +1y
i got some more goodies in the mail today my accu air and my ob2 compressors cost me 2000$ but well worth it in my eyes for the dually cant wait to get this stuff on and i still have some more things coming and let me say thank you to Michigan Metal Works i ordered just about every thing throw them guys

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
selfbuiltrods   +1y
Damn man looks good! Keep it up and good luck with the rest of the build!
tre5   +1y
Not bad for a days work, lol.
Is that the normal PB cross member?
down2earth   +1y
--------------------------------------------

tre5 said:

Not bad for a days work, lol.Is that the normal PB cross member?

--------------------------------------------

its the mild pb i think i kno wht ur going to say y did i z it so much haha i zed iy 4 and 3/4 for the stock cross member then called them up and asked if i still needed my z to be so big because i cut the bottom of my frame off they said yeah so i mean it worked out for the better because if i would have only zed it 2in my headers would be 2 in below my frame so i lucked out there
down2earth   +1y
i got my watts link in the mail today from mmws and it looks sweet and i got my hoses for my power steering rack
post photo
post photo
dead end kustumz   +1y
Alsome man i have a single cab that ive been slowly buying parts for it for over a year now and just about have everything and cant wait to start on it... Keep it up looks good.
down2earth   +1y
well i didnt like having my headers less then a 1/4in from my frame so i cut my motor mounts in half and added 1in to the so i have a good 1in and a half now i kno i dont have the gaskets on the headers yet just mock up right now im going to do my tranny mount tomorrow then i can get the cab back on and start cutting the tunnel for the drive shaft

post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1