threads
Page 1 of 2
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  2012 scion xb rs 9.0 bags or hydros for daily driver

2012 scion xb rs 9.0 bags or hydros for daily driver

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 3626
replies 13
following 11

JLCHEVY_VC   +1y
I got 2012 scion xb 3 weeks ago, lowered now on tanabe springs with 18's for now. I looked up couple bag kits that bolt straight on but worried about bag setup in the winter time. I hear nothing but horror stories for daily driver in the winter time with bags, valves sticking, any suggestions? Or how bout hydros for daily use? Or should I just keep it lowered
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
Get some good valves, a water trap and throw some quality bags in there. Hydros on a lightweight mcpherson car like that will not ride too well. Check out www.alldayfab.com. He can make you some front strut bags that will bolt right in, sit low, and ride great.
garagebuilt   +1y
keep the valves inside the car and run a dump outside. there are heaters you can use for the valves too. Nitrogen will fix alot of that except for the whole suffocation thing.
Bentlay   +1y
get a good water trap, and in the winter throw some air brake anti freeze' in the system... if you do the setup in the spare tire well, they will be nice and warm inside the car..
artsar   +1y
you can always just swap out the struts when winter rolls around. I like my hydraulics. I find it a much nicer ride than air was.
tre5   +1y
My personal choice is hydraulics. It will sit lower than any major company's bolt in air bag kit. Both systems have plus and minuses, but prefer hydraulics on cars. But if you do with air bags, think about all the semi trucks than cruise around in frozen temps and run air bags... there is nothing wrong with it if they are done correctly and taken good care of (goes with hydros too)
JLCHEVY_VC   +1y
Id like to run just front, back and pancake 1 pump set up. I think I will email hydroholics for a kit and check on that
ahab   +1y
If you decide to go with air shoot me an email. Andy.alldayfab@gmail.com I can get you setup with a solid kit that will get low and ride awesome. Like Aaron said, Hydros on an Xb being light weight and also mcpherson struted vehicle will ride pretty rough. In my opinion the the air is easier to install and requires almost zero maint.
AON-JAMES   +1y
I had Andy @ All Day Fab build my front struts, and rear mounts for air, and I have ZERO complaints. Get with All Day Fab and see what they can do for you!
IMLOWER   +1y

heres my wifes xb bagged on 20's used slam re6's out back and universal air strut bags for the front and just modded the strut to get as low as posible with it
post photo