Nissan Trucks \  Newbie Rim Question!!!

Newbie Rim Question!!!

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 1584
replies 8
following 4

minimark85   +1y
Hey every1!!

1st time on the forum!! got a question about my 90nissan hardbody.. I am currently in the market looking for rims i wanna know if a 8" wide rim will come past the sides of my box..i wanna roll an 18" or 20" rim.the truck is not on air just blocks and spindals.. i hope some1 can answer my question..I also have 4x4 fenders on but i dont think there gonna be a problem for an 8" rim but maybe I'm wrong lol.. I just dont wanna purchase rims and them end up being wider passed the box or fender..

minimark85
The Unit   +1y
your biggest concern is going to be the offset of the wheels themselves. If you run to much of a negative offset they will stick out. Your going to want to run like a low positve offset like between 0-12 on a 18 to keep it in the wheel well. If you go 20's it will be the same thing. If there is question about offset on a wheel your looking at just test fit it at least then you know if it is going to work or not.
JTB   +1y
it really depends on the offset of the wheels whether they stick out or not, in the rear they will for sure. if you keep the stock six lug pattern you will need a high offset for them to tuck, something like 35-40mm on a 7.5 in would work the best
minimark85   +1y
so the only numbers that they give on the site for the rims are 6-139.. there on tire rack.. they are american racing rims..
does that actually help me out??
lol fuck i feel lost...
JTB   +1y
6x 139 is the bolt pattern, what style wheel are they ?
pugz   +1y
on a 8" wheel you will need no less than a +25mm to tuck. on an 8.5 youll need about a +40mm. diameter doesnt matter just width and offset.
JTB   +1y
here are the wheel specs from american racing.com looks like they come 18x8 with a +30mm offset

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/?wheelid=VN8702&siteid=1&groupid=29&page1=4

here is another link that might help you understand offsets a little bit better

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

minimark85   +1y
Edited: 7/28/2011 7:50:32 PM by minimark85

Sweet Bro!!

I appreciate it!!

So the rims wont rub and sit fine i assume?? cause those specific rims are +15 +30?? I 4got to say that I'm not bagging the truck..just wanna make sure i wont rub while I'm rolling..
Page 1 of 1