Page 1 of 4
Dually Projects \  air install

air install

Dually Projects
views 6580
replies 34
following 12

onefasthoagie   +1y
i know yall are whores so i took some pics of my air install, now i'm not quite done yet, but i know you want pics lol
oh yea, it's night time as well

for some reason i kept nuke'in solinoids, so a guy at the local sound audio shop hooked me with a "battery" isalator, that can handle like 100 amps. lol. that puppy is monsterious.

oh yea, it dosn't hurt that i have the water catch hardlined to the compresser does it?

oh oh yea, i'm gonna put the wiring in a loom as soon as i get one, so it's not gonna stay like that!!!!
krewzlo   +1y
I would suggest putting the water trap on the tank as hot air is harder to get the moisture out as cooler air. Not that a foot or 2 makes too much of a difference but the compressor itself will get pretty hot and transfer the heat to the trap and not work as well. Most paint shops run their filters along ways from the comps. for this reason. I don't know the physics behind it but I think it has something to do with the cooler water molecules are heavier and denser which makes them easier to filter out.

Anyways looks good, you will be happy with instant air. I don't know the max psi with that compressor. I always ran a max of 170 with it just to be safe. I think maybe it is one sold by aim or chassis tech so they might have info on it.
onefasthoagie   +1y

aaaaahhhhhh AIM......****shiver****.......i guess i'll need 2 more 3/8th ptc couplers then! lol
pig rig   +1y
so are you going to color match your tie downs or do you have other plans
onefasthoagie   +1y

well genious, thats why i said i wasn't done!!!! and the red and blue make green seal, just like zip lock bag!
balcar   +1y
get a better compressor sometime, that one sux, LOL Yuppers, just some loom and yer set.
lester622   +1y
y u runnin 2 batteries u got a diesel?
balcar   +1y
could be that compressor, i melted a 150amp braker with one of them. LOL
1fastlx   +1y
lookin good so far, water traps go 2 ft from the compressor so that the water has time to form droplets from the air cooling. those compressers get hot and make lots of moisture
huskerdually   +1y
I had that same compressor and I kept having problems with solenoids sticking and not working. I used the one they sent me then I tried ford starter solenoids and I kept having problems. I asked a mechanic friend and he said it was because the compressor isn't enough of a load. I swithched to a cheap radio shack relay and never had a problem after that. UNTIL don't run it to 200 psi I sheared the shaft off.