Tools \  Dimple Dies

Dimple Dies

Tools Q & A
views 2624
replies 11
following 5

57chevy   +1y
Edited: 5/10/2011 4:49:35 PM by 57chevy

If any of you guys are lookin for Dimple Dies, here is a place to get a set of 3 for $100 bucks. Made from 4140. Sizes 3/4" 1 1/4 " and 1 3/4 " dies. www.straightlineinnovations.comJohn
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Are you the one making and selling them?
unusualfabrication   +1y
My guess is that he or someone he knows is seeing that his first and only post is pushing dimple dies to a website......
57chevy   +1y
Edited: 5/10/2011 11:42:30 PM by 57chevy

Ryan, Yes I am the one selling them. Chris, you are right. I am trying to push my dies here. I have been out of work for a while so I started making these Dimple Dies to help me through my unemployed times. Right now I cant afford to become a vendor untill I can get some more business, and Im sure this post will get kicked soon. Im not wanting to do anything underhanded, just trying to make a living. If any of you guys are interested you can check out my site and see what you think. You can also view them herehttp://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc455/57chevy2000/Thanks Guys,Johnstraightline03@aol.com
unusualfabrication   +1y
Hey man i'm all about people doing there own thing to make money! Its just usually never a good thing to come on a forum and push your goods without really being part of the forum. Look into getting a membership, last I knew it was only $20-$30 a year and then you can set up a classified add and sell your dies. I checked out the site and the machine work looks pretty good, do you machine them yourself? What type of machines are you using to make them?
maztang (ryan)   +1y
John, can you do different shapes? I have some ideas for some dies that I have been wanting to do for a while.
57chevy   +1y
Chris, I am using an old CNC Lathe to make them on that I got at an auction a few years ago. I never knew how to program it untill I became unemployed and then I had to school myself as quick as I could.
Ryan, I might could do some different shapes later on as I get more familiar with programming but right now I am having to focus so much on the ones I am doing that I probably wouldnt have time to try it. Keep me in mind though, maybe can work something out later.
Thanks Guys,
John
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Alright. If you have a facebook page hit me up man.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Cool, I was a cnc programmer and machinist for quite a few years programming in PowerMill and running Haas and OKK VMC's. What kind of lathe are you running? Does it have built in software or are you using something else? Ryan, I'm guessing that he can only do round dies unless his lathe has live tooling. I've always liked the oval holes myself!
57chevy   +1y
Chris, The lathe that I am using is a goodway Lathe and it has a microprocessor control system called Anilam Crusader II L. It will only hold one program at a time so I got a program for a laptop called Cadem NC net lite that I use to store the programs in. It took me a while to learn how to program it and for me its easier just to program straight in to the Crusader II than to write out the g codes in a program and send it to the Crusader. I have worked hard all winter trying to learn how to use the thing and hopefully it will pay off.
Why are you not still working as a machinist?? Did you start your own company??
Kyle Nicks