threads
Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  layin out a civic front end on 18s hydroholics cylinder setup.

layin out a civic front end on 18s hydroholics cylinder setup.

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1405
replies 4
following 4

fatbastardcustoms   +1y
ok so i currently have 18s on a 99 civic i have seen you guys lay civics out on 18s, 19s & 20s with bags. this one ive already bought the hydroholics cylinders and brackets etc. what do i need to cut/modifiy/have changed to get the car down more. cause even the guys from hydroholics will tell you the stock front suspension holds this car up alot. they did a green one a while back i believe for nick from surface or his girl. was thinking tubs and arms to start. also notch the unibody for the cv axels and other crap under the body. id like the factory side skirt plastics to be as close to the ground as possible. cuzican has his tubbed with new arms, sectioned & plated spindles. etc was thinking if the lower arms were stepped maybe we could get around the spindle sectioning cause its cast. just a thought feedback is cool. let me know

tre5   +1y
Good luck man, it's gonna be a lot of work. The tires will be the first thing to hit. Then the upper control arms will come into contact with the strut towers. If you just want to be a bot lower you could clearance for those 2 items only. If you want to go all out you will need to basically cut all the sheet metal out under the hood and start running tubes to connect the upper cylinder mounts, upper control arm mounts, engine mount, ect ect.
pimpdank   +1y
I still have my drop forks for the front and proarms for the rear. Adds 1.5 inches of drop. It will lay pretty good with these and some adj upper front arms just need to cut the towers for the arms and the areas where the wheel hits. Go with 17s, you can get alot lower. You cannot find the drop forks and proarms anywhere else, they have been discontinued for nearly 10 years and were limited production.
fatbastardcustoms   +1y
well all i have is a set of (8) kmc nemisis rims in 18" with the accord pattern and im gonna have to change the lug pattern on the spindles already. anyways i just want to get it as low as possible. perferably plastics however as low as possible. i realize that they stopped making spindles however ive read somewhere sombody makes drop spindles on here now think he has a tacoma. im guessing jp here above me is hinting towards something too.
Page 1 of 1