Page 1 of 2
Dually Projects \  pics of....

pics of....

Dually Projects
views 3202
replies 15
following 7

onefasthoagie   +1y
the bag hitting the brake drums!!! now technically i know this dosn't belong in this forum, but i know you guys love pics, so i thought it might help? lol
anyhow the bag keeps hitting the brake drums on my air over leaf setup, but i donno why, cause there is some space there!!??!! this pic is with the bag deflated. once i put air in it, it gets a little more clearence, but i don't even know when it hits, so it's a mistery....

here is my finger to show distance...
balcar   +1y
maybee when u get it into a lean? try just lifting one side.
howardflatty   +1y
maybe the rear end is moving in hard cornering
pig rig   +1y
I think it has some thing to do with all that rust scale

invest in a wirebrush and some paint
low95xlt   +1y
oan hard bar might help if axle is shifting?
onefasthoagie   +1y

could it even shift if it's a stock leaf aetup? i thought it was impossible??
lockone   +1y
The only way the rearend could be moving is if the leafspring bushings are worn out or if the u-bolts are not as tight as they should be. I would check the bushings fisrt.
low95xlt   +1y
ahh didn';t know it was still a leaf spring set up my bad bro
krewzlo   +1y
The part of the brakes that your finger is touching, is that part of the drum? My setup looks different. My backing plate goes all the way to the outside diameter of the drum so there is no way for the bag to touch a spinning part. If that part does spin then it would only take a second or two to put a nice gash in the bag.
onefasthoagie   +1y
yea, thats the drum. if thats the case i might have nicked it wile towing, i had like 30 psi in the bags wile towing once, maybe with the added weight and low psi the bags pushed out more??