threads
Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  running single shock in rear?

running single shock in rear?

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1195
replies 9
following 5

simple-pleasurez   +1y
Edited: 8/31/2011 7:07:42 PM by Pootus

i was curious. on my wagon i have bagged i dont have much room in the rear. i was wondering if i can get away with running a single shock on it. It has almost a dummy axle so they are both connected by it. any down sides. i am just looking for a solution cos the rear gets really bouncy.
tukn18saccord   +1y
pics of the rear would b helpfull if you have them
simple-pleasurez   +1y
i will try and get a pic later. its rainning so kinda hard now.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
anyone else available for input? its just a straight axle. so side to side shouldnt be too much of a problem. i have a huge evap box on the drivers side and relocating it seems impossible. also was thinking about 2 shocks next to each other in the center so it wouldnt pivot.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
no ideas?
cookiemonster13   +1y
i think it is a bad idea, there are many reasons for this so... if i were you i would move on to the next plan of how to cram 2 shocks in there closer to the wheel
dailydraggn   +1y
post pics of what you are working with.
simple-pleasurez   +1y

its really hard to get an actual picture of the axle\under of the car since even jacked up its low and i dont have a lift. i will try and get some this weekend.
post photo
dragginbonez   +1y
this is just an ida im no pro, but if side space is really an issue how about mountin 2 in the center but at an angle towards the wheels?
Like top close togehter but bottoms raking towards each wheel. If you dont have much travel its not like they gonna make it even lesser.

Just one in the center cant be too bad but i rekon wont help much.
Im intrested in hearing why is a bad idea.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
i didnt understand the horrors of single shock. i am dual bagged so it wouldnt teeter much. would a little. but anyways i was able to get the shocks mounted correctly. just had to move smog shit.
Page 1 of 1