threads
Page 1 of 1
Nissan Trucks \  98 frontier not firing...help!

98 frontier not firing...help!

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 461
replies 3
following 1

jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
98 frontier 2.4

little backstory...before i left on vacation in december i drove it a little bit around town. when i got back home i parked. came back out to move it. turned over just fine but wouldn't crank. after a few times it did. the day before i left on my trip i tried to crank it up to drive around the neighborhood and wouldn't crank. once, again turned over fine just didn't crank.

3 weeks later i get back home and tried to crank it. same thing. checked the spark plug with a screwdriver against metal and it wasn't firing.

2 days later i go outside and it cranks and runs perfectly the first time. i drove around town for a bit with no problems. got back home and killed it and cranked it 10 times in a row and it started perfectly everytime.

that brings us to today. i go to crank it, turns over normally, but it won't crank. checked the plug again, no spark.

what could be causing the engine not to fire? it has less than 1/4 tank of gas in it but even with that it should at least try to fire.

what is the list of things to check to troubleshoot this? i'm stumped....and pissed off
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
Edited: 2/24/2011 11:43:11 PM by jcjcsoccerkid

Edited: 2/24/2011 11:41:09 PM by jcjcsoccerkid

new cap, new rotor.

tested the distributor...it's good

all grounds for battery, engine, and alternator are good

very strong fuel smell when i turn it over. turns over just fine, just no spark

plugged in an ecm from another truck (is this the thing that's under the seat?)...still nothin
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
i checked the codes...here's the results:

P0115 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Malfunction
P1320 - Manufacturer Control Ignition System or Misfire
P0110 - IAT Sensor Circuit Malfunction

how do i check this stuff?
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
BUMP, anyone got any ideas?
Page 1 of 1