Wheel Questions \  Crap not another wheel question, advice and comments

Crap not another wheel question, advice and comments

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 528
replies 4
following 3

Scoobysmak   +1y
Edited: 1/21/2011 12:04:03 AM by Scoobysmak

Edited: 1/19/2011 11:26:46 PM by ScoobysmakOkay short version of my question:for a 20X10 inch billet wheel, what is the min backspacing for all the companies out thereNext the best place you have seen to get them.

If you want more info read the following:

I am currently in the market for a new set of rims. I am looking at the following companies:

Bonspeed-clutch, laguna, sweep Boyd Coddington- slayer Boze- five speedIntro- Viking

The bolt pattern will be 5 X4.5, the fronts will be 20X8.5 with a 5.5" backspacing and the rears will be 20X10 with a 4.5" backspacing.

I would run a 4" backspace in the rear but I want the option to change wheels whenever I feel like it. I would hate to buy a new set of rims and the company doesn't make them any deeper than a 4.5" backspace. I know billet specialties only does 4.25" min, does anyone else have a problem with a 4" backspace. I figured someone might know besides calling every company to see because they don't list it on there website (at least Boyd Coddington does, and I am not limiting this to the rims companies I have selected, say Raceline comes out with a wheel I have to have).

Next is a good place to look, I have seen people mention Status but I guess I would have to call...I didn't see wheels listed on there website. I would prefer to find things that are at least listed online but understand this may not be the best way to do things.

If there is a defect to my madness let me know.
mazberrydelight   +1y
your an idiot lol
Scoobysmak   +1y
LOL...at least I am not alone
Uncle Fester   +1y
No clue but I love me some of them Slayers. Good luck man.
Scoobysmak   +1y
Well I went ahead and called the following:

Boze
Boyd
Colorado Custom
Bonspeed
Raceline

The answer I got was....depends on the face of the wheel but overall min backspacing could range from 4" to 4 3/8". Out of all these only I figure I will be safe with 4 1/4". The 4 3/8" was from only one company and he said only seen it happen a couple of times out of the many rims he has placed an order for. Most said I would be good with the 4" min backspacing but 4 1/4" I was free and clear.
Page 1 of 1